MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
Babyboomerboy
is one Smokin' Farker

Default 1st Annual Hay Capital BBQ Cook Off, Yates Center, KS - July 10 & 11, 2009

On behalf of the Gilead Lodge Masons and the City Of Yates Center, I want to thank all of the cookers and judges who came to our small town and making our first Mardi Grass Festival such a huge success.

1- Crimson & Blue BBQ Crew
2- Reservior Hogs
3- Yard Time BBQ
4- Smoke-n-Things
5- Burnin' down the hog
6- KC Can Crew
7- MooCow

8- Smoken Jokers
9- Stone Crew BBQ
10- Up In Flames
11- Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
12- Boozin Buddies BBQ
13- Sticks-n-Chicks
14- Wild Hogs & Buffalo
15- Cookshack
16- Roughnecks BBQ
17- Dunn Up BBQ
18- Big B's BBQ
19- Ol' Mule'y
20- Tecumseh Mannor
21- Double Trouble Pitt Posse
22- Just for Fun
23- Stick'em & Lick'em
24- 2 Guys Smokin
25- Sanfurdz
26- EZ-2 Chew BBQ
27- Taste-T Base-T
28- Three Brothers Diff Mothers
29- Bad Company Barbeque
30- Herring Hardware
31- Deep Meat Injection
32- Backwoods BBQ
33- D&D Bar-B-Q
34- Naughty Nurses
35- Sweet Jesus BBQ
36- Old Style BBQ

Last edited by Ron_L; 07-12-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Babyboomerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Congrats to all you heard their names called!

I highlighted the brethren teams. If i missed anyone please let me know!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I highlighted Sticks n chicks and Three Brothers as brethren teams. Guys, please submit you info for the Listing of Brethren Member Teams so we can catch this in the future.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

We got 1st place in chicken!! That was our first 1st place ever. It was so exciting. We also got 5th in brisket. Sticks n Chicks, good to see you guys. Three Brothers Different Mothers, nice to meet you guys. Good job Can Crew. To Babyboomer, Great job buddy!! Everybody was great, volunteers and towns people. This is just my opinion, but please don't move the contest to another location. It was perfect!! Just put more teams down the center of the field. Good job to everyone!!
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
bodcat
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Thanks!

Yard Time BBQ - 10th Chicken, 3rd Ribs, 1st Brisket, 3rd Overall.

This was our first competition so I may not have much to judge it on, but I thought the event was awesome and everyone did a great job....I may be a bit jaded(and still on a bbq high) after exceeding our expectations of just not finishing last. I would also like to thank the Brethren because I have spent countless hours reading and learning on here and there is no way we could have done as well without you!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Sticks-n-chicks
Full Fledged Farker

Default Great Time Great Going Guys

Had a great time meeting everyone and cooking. Hope to see you all again soon.

Warm Smoke, Blue Skies...Best of days | Yoder 640 | FEC-100 | ABS Qube | 3 UDC's | WSM | KCBS CBJ
Sticks-n-chicks is offline   Reply With Quote