Stoker/Stoker X

C

chuckie51

Have been cooking on the BGE for quit some time now. Recently purchased a Stoker and have run it wirelessly to my inside laptop. With my first cook after about an hour to hour and a half using Stoker X it froze. I don't think it shut down my stoker itself because when I got it back online my temps were all good. Anyone have any ideas what went wrong. I went and changed all my preferences on my laptop and turned off all sleep and power saving options, it never did it again. Do you think this was the problem? Ready to do an all night cook, and a little worried about this program shutting down again and ruining my cook.

I know this is of no help, but.....You shouldn't need a Stoker to keep your BGE running steady all night, get it locked on the temp and go to bed :thumb:

No need to worry

Not sure what program you were using. Stokerlog? The good news is whatever software you use is not controlling the turn on and off of the fan that is regulating the temperature. The only control the software has is sending commands to change the temperature settings you choose. The rest of the time the Stoker is running along on it own with no influence from the software. All the software is doing is talking to the device requesting information about temperature and whether or not the fan is running and displaying opn the PC. If you turned off the PC the Stoker would keep on trucking with its current settings. I have a UDS and I smoke overnight all the time and my temps stay rock solid. Love the stoker. Have fun!

THANKS, makes sense lionlg9...... Yea Groundhog66, I know that I have done it tons of times, but you know how men are with their gadgets! haha

Cant help on the stoker as I run a guru. First time I've seen someone from Thibodaux on here. Nice to know there is someone else around the swamp who enjoys BBQ.

Back