Butcher Shop Cafe...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Brian stopped by this little hole-in-the-wall joint yesterday to see what it was all about...after an hour or so visit with the butcher he decided this was a place for us to check for a possible competition meat source...they also have a café where they will cook anything in the display case for you right there on the spot in addition to their usual menu. So...today my wife and I picked up the swamprb's and headed over to check it out...our lunch was very good...here are a few pics...:cool:

MeatMarket023.jpg

MeatMarket009.jpg

MeatMarket010.jpg

MeatMarket011.jpg

MeatMarket013.jpg

15lb Kobe beef packer...

MeatMarket012.jpg

Pita and hummus appetizer...

MeatMarket017.jpg

My braised lamb shank...

MeatMarket018.jpg

Brian's sliders...

MeatMarket021.jpg

My wife's Kobe Beef prime rib French Dip...

MeatMarket019.jpg

Better yet...I came home with some Kurobuta chops, Kobe beef sirloin, and a Kobe porter house...

Brian grabbed a pound of bacon, Kurobuta short ribs, and a Kobe sirloin...look for some pron pics very soon...:biggrin:

Last edited:
My gawd, you guys went to meat heaven, had lunch and came home! Look at the lip on those ribeyes, fatty goodness. And you will love Kurobuta (Berkshire Black) chops. Man, that looks like a place for a gathering someday.

It's a good thing (for my checkbook) that I live so far away :rolleyes:. Talk about temptation!

WOW.... this place needs to be franchised. A US wide butcher shop, cooking anything out of the display fridge? I'm HUNGRYYYYYYYYY :twisted:

On my cell...I'll upload them tomorrow...:cool:

I think that one was 4.99 per lb...or 2.89 per lb case lot (wholesale)...we're going back next week to talk with the owner about a mutual business deal...:wink:

Dang it!
I'm fat enough already! Kobe beef @ 4.99 a lb????!!!!

Back