Anyone smoke "Chicken" tree's?

B

BayouBound

Actually, it's Chinese Tallow wood. Being Bayou Bound (but not quite there yet) has it's limitations. I have a limitless supply of these buggers. I hear that they are being considered as a biofuel. Has anyone had any experience with burning them as banderafuel? Is the flavor nice or nasty?

Thanks Bill,
The more I research the more I want to stay away from these. This is a tree that has been distributed widely as an ornamental. It saps up in the spring and is a real opportunist. It chokes out other vegitation in whatever area it occupies. To kill it you must chop it down and treat the stump with pestacides within 20 minutes. If you don't, all of the roots will sprout new trees! I doubt that they would make anything taste good.

I think that I will stick with misquite and fruit woods!

BayouBound

BayouBound said:
Thanks Bill,
The more I research the more I want to stay away from these. This is a tree that has been distributed widely as an ornamental. It saps up in the spring and is a real opportunist. It chokes out other vegitation in whatever area it occupies. To kill it you must chop it down and treat the stump with pestacides within 20 minutes. If you don't, all of the roots will sprout new trees! I doubt that they would make anything taste good.

I think that I will stick with misquite and fruit woods!

BayouBound

Sounds like 'matic wood!

Back