Burnt Ends hankering

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I got a hankering for burnt ends yesterday evening so I went to both Sam's and Costco looking for some briskies. Sam's was all out and Costco only had flats. Dejected,I drove to Smart and Final figuring they would have select briskies:mad:

To my surprise they had farking choice briskies at $1.99 per lb. which is cheap in these parts. Did not take prep pics, I forgot:rolleyes:

Here is the point, I am going to make ends with. It was at 140 degrees at the time of this shot. The flat is in the freezer for another cook.

DSC04155.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

The point was lathered with Kitchen Bouquet and given a healthy coating of Sweet and Spicy!

Stay Tuned!

Wow... looks great so far Big Brother!

Thanks, Jeanie!

Here are more updated shots, Bubba! You shoot at something yet?

Resting a little
DSC04160-1.jpg

Cubed
DSC04165.jpg

Secret Cherry Sauce
DSC04171.jpg

Back to the Drum for a while
DSC04175.jpg

Wait wait wait...secret cherry sauce? I am not gonna be distracted by the pron. What is this secret sauce?

And, Bubba has a laptop in his blind? Are you sitting in an ergonomic office chair too?

Wait wait wait...secret cherry sauce? I am not gonna be distracted by the pron. What is this secret sauce?

And, Bubba has a laptop in his blind? Are you sitting in an ergonomic office chair too?

Sauce I had started working on at summers's end but got distracted once school started. I think I got it at the right consistency now. Might have to send you a sample for a critique:biggrin:

Nice Big Bro'!
Sauce looks phan-pharking-tastic!
Rookie question:After these months I've been here I don't know what burnt ends are exactly:oops:....is it the thicker pieces of bark?

Okay, now I am distracted. Checking flight to So Cal. :biggrin:

Phubar, technically burnt ends are the edges of the brisket that get a little burned during a long cook. They are chopped up and cooked in sauce to get tender. The burnt ends most spoken now is a variation in which the point of the brisket is given the same treatment. By cooking it is sauce, it gets even more moist and using the points even adds to the tenderness as you are rendering and poaching in fat. You gotta try this bro'.

Welp, Phu I did not know a phark about Burnt Ends until joining here. It is the point of the brisket separated from the flat. It has more phat, thus rendering longer after cubing is no problem. Makes for some tasty morsels of heaven in the mouth.

Hey Phu, you can see the rendering happening as Lando referred to here in these pics I hope.

DSC04181.jpg

DSC04179.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

Phubar, I know you are a rice eater, so you should be able to get this, I like to take rice balls (musubi) coat with a little togarashi (Japanese Pepper powder) and dip into the rederings from burnt ends.

Man! I would stuff myself silly on those. Those look incredible. Very Nice!

Back