MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Cancellations Left and Right

Ole Corona is causing us to have cancellations left and right. Just lost a $3k event for next Friday. I hope this doesn't continue too long. How about you all?

Old 03-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

I had someone ask about their event May 2nd in regards to cancellation policy. Told her we would work something out. It's a small party, but most are coming from out of state. That's it so far, my trailer's season is just about to kick off in a couple weeks.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
Whumpa
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Charles

Not food related, but the group I play with has lost 3, maybe 4 good paying gigs already. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess
Whumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #4
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotfehc View Post
I had someone ask about their event May 2nd in regards to cancellation policy. Told her we would work something out.

Our current policy for the next 4 weeks or so is that we'll allow a reschedule to a date we have available in 2020 and move the deposit to that date.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:43 PM   #5
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

I'm thinking a similar policy to offer the 25% deposit applied to another booking date. This particular one was a small drop off for 30ppl, and my trailer is still hopefully making money at a brewery that same day.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-13-2020, 11:17 PM   #6
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

It's an interesting time. Hotels are being generous with cancelations (at least the Hilton chain) but I have a booking with a small independent location in a few weeks for a Wurstfest that I'm expecting to get canceled. I'm sure I'll lose that $300, so I'm a bit cranky. Going there to help my sister in law (whose company is paying for her room) and another in law was going in an RV (so they stand to lose only $30). I'll be the only one that loses real money. No good deed goes unpunished!
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #7
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
I'll be the only one that loses real money. No good deed goes unpunished!
Oh how I know what you are going through. Hope it all works out for you.