Make-Up Pron Thread (with 22.5 hr butt beans)

How long before this meat is ready?

• 15-20 hours

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • 15-20 days

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • They're dog food for sure!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • They're already done you idiot!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good thing it's lunch time, that pron made my mouth water! good lookin grub bud!

I refueled at 11am (14 hr mark) as the temp started dropping. The butt was reading 190 at that time. After refueling, the temp dropped even more for a bit as it lit, but I got it back up to 250 in short time. As soon as this call wraps up, I'll be going back out to check it again. No pics that last time, sorry.

OK, after 15 hours, the butt is now back down to 180. Kinda weird, but hey, that happened with the last one too. So does this mean I'm in for another wild ride? Who knows!

The bone wiggles but is not ready to slide out. So not ready yet...except that piece from the bottom corner I ate...can't see it in the photo because it's on the bottom of the butt. Tasted good. I'm ready for lunch!
Butt_15hr_Mark.jpg

Now that's some fine looking Que there, I'm ready to chow down,,, But I seem to have missed the pron on the beans... Great job Byte...

Do you understand the concept of foiling at 160F? :confused:
I understand for speeding up the process. I'm in no rush, food will be served at 6pm. I prefer the bark of non-foiled butts, so I am not foiling today. If there's another reason, please share.

Isn't foil for hats only?
Actually, I prefer this response over mine.

Now that's some fine looking Que there, I'm ready to chow down,,, But I seem to have missed the pron on the beans... Great job Byte...
Nope, you haven't missed the beans...they're not cooked yet. But there is hope! Behold, I have started the beans as shown below!

First off though, the butt is done. It finished just after 1pm, so the 10 pound butt took just over 16 hours in the cooker, pretty average. Internal temp at the finish was 200. I foiled it, and in the cooler witht he brisket to rest and keep hot.
Butt_Done.jpg

And now for those BEANS!

Here's the bean meat I cooked the other night. On the top row, from the left, we have some of the Brisket, one of the Smoked Sausages and a piece of the 22.5 Hour Mutant Butt! On the bottom there is the Naked Fatty.
BeanMeat_Whole.jpg

I started by chopping the meat like so.
BeanMeat_Chopped.jpg

Then I divided the meat into two half size aluminum pans and seasoned it with a blend of 42,354 secret herbs, spices, sweeteners, condiments, vitamins and minerals.
BeanMeat_Seasoned.jpg

Then I mixed together the meat mixture and sampled it to make sure I did it right.
BeanMeat_Ready.jpg

Then I stirred in the most secret ingredient of all...
Beans_Uncooked.jpg

I put these on the WSM which has been bumped up to run at 300*.

Dang, now them's gonna be some great beans,, I love your secret ingredient.. My lipe are sealed. Won't tell a living soul. Bet it's gonna taste great...

That looks awesome! I like the beans I may need to try something like that soon looks like a meal in itself. Looking at the picture I figured out what 42,000 of the ingredients are I just need to focus on the other 354. Great job!!! Looks like its going to be a great party.

Well, everything got packed up and shipped out for the party. Now I'm home eating one of the trays of beans (not the whole thing, not in one sitting anyway).

I could not get any pics of the pork or brisket, which is a shame because they didn't suck at all. There simply was not enough time. I pulled/sliced/chopped it, put in a pan, covered and packed up so it would be hot, no time for sitting and waiting for pics.

However, since there is a tray of beans left, I will close this thread with a shot of that tray of the beans after being cooked. They don't suck.
Beans_Done.jpg

Thanks for letting me bore you with the food today.

MMMM HMmm Them beans sure came out looking great,, with all that Meat and secret stuff in there bet they taste great too... Good Job Byte...

nah, he was done hours ago and did not know it. The butts are helping him out by lowering the temp so he doesn't over cook them

Back