MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

I have said this before on another similar thread, and this is merely an add-on to what Smokin' Mike said earlier. I think you have to have an "eye" for the minute details when it comes to not only putting together the greens, but when you cut the meat and place it in the box as well. I can look at a box and say, "darn that looks good", but have no idea how to get it there. That is where my wife, who is an artist and very detail oriented person, comes in. I can give her examples and guidelines of how it should look, and she puts the whole thing together. I then have my buddy, also a detail oriented person, looking over her shoulder doing quality control. It worked very well for us in the past.

What I am saying is that you have to in a way, look at what your skill-set is, and determine if you are the right person to be putting together the boxes on your team, and if there is someone better--delegate. It also helps to have someone doing this that has had a full-night's sleep/isn't hungover.
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote