• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

That is one incredible project, kudos to you big time. Now help me out. The top that you just did is a countertop, right? And the fire and the pizzas go down below into the archways, yes/no? I'm still trying to visualize the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I know, you know what you're doing, I'm just a bit slow.

Thank you. This is only the counter top. Now i have to build the pizza oven on-top of the counter top, the tedious work now starts. The arches are storage space, i will store wood under the countertop.

Just wondering how this project is coming along, I haven't seen anything new recently.

Sorry guys, been pretty busy, unfortunately i had to work on building my gate as it was falling apart from recent winds, so ill have to pick up on the oven next week.

Small update, i just scored 300 free used/vintage bricks. They were removed from his house 25 years ago, the bricks are from 1907. These are "Simons" bricks and are stamped with that name. So far i have about 1,100-1,200 vintage red bricks. Ooh how i love these bricks.

2f06j5g.jpg

Free are the best kind!
Can't wait to see how you bring the "history" into it!!
Start mixing mud! :clap2:

Man, nice collection of bricks!
What kind of form will you be using for the dome?

Man, nice collection of bricks!
What kind of form will you be using for the dome?

Thanks. Ive been debating if i should use the Indispensable tool or use a form. I think in the long run it would be easier to use a form. Since i have lots of plywood from previous job sites/projects (thanks to my dad) i plan on cutting and building the form out of plywood and using a nail gun to attach the form using thin wood veneer. Ill either cut/remove the form once done or ill just burn it. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind when using a fixed form, it can be difficult to "tuck point" inside.
We used 2" pink foam that we could move as we wished.

Keep in mind when using a fixed form, it can be difficult to "tuck point" inside.
We used 2" pink foam that we could move as we wished.

Ya that's a good point, one disadvantage of having a form is just that, you can really work on the inside. So you had a form? and you would move it around while you were working on the inside? wouldn't that shift the wet mortar/bricks?.

Ya that's a good point, one disadvantage of having a form is just that, you can really work on the inside. So you had a form? and you would move it around while you were working on the inside? wouldn't that shift the wet mortar/bricks?.

Even at extreme angles the mortared bricks will set after a couple of minutes. You can use sticks to keep those bricks from sliding down as a safeguard as you move the form or the indispensable tool to the next area.

Even at extreme angles the mortared bricks will set after a couple of minutes. You can use sticks to keep those bricks from sliding down as a safeguard as you move the form or the indispensable tool to the next area.

Ya i rather build the form and work and move fast brick after brick. Im planning on cutting most of the bricks, or at-least the first few course's ahead of time, that way i can zip thru the build, or once i get home from work all ill have to do is turn on some light, mix some mortar and start laying. At-least this is what im hoping to do.

Back