New Toy w/Pron

Rich Parker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was looking for a moderate sized stick burner and ended up finding this 20 x 42 Klose for sale by one of our local Q enthusiasts (Thanks Geoff).

Klose1.JPG

Klose9.JPG

Sweet Blue
Klose13.JPG

I broke it in with a couple of fatties. One stuffed with banana nut muffin mix and the other with mushrooms, onions, and fresh garlic.

Banana1.JPG

Banana2.JPG

Banana3.JPG

And the other one with mushrooms, onions, and fresh garlic.

Mushroom1.JPG

Mushroom2.JPG

Since I had to work this morning, meaning I would be home all day I threw on a couple of pork butts and a packer brisket.

Butt1.JPG

Brisket1.JPG

Both1.JPG

Wow, looks hardly used!

Fatties and butts/beef look'n good too!

nice toy. have fun playing with that! nice grub. that fatty looks good. does the banana bread stay, uh, bready haha, or does it suck up pork fat and get mushy?

Okay, we see the finished fatties (nice!!) but you mentioned this was your first packer in the other first packer thread of the day :-D

Any pics of the progress?

Okay, we see the finished fatties (nice!!) but you mentioned this was your first packer in the other first packer thread of the day :-D

Any pics of the progress?

Finished Brisket and Butt. Burnt ends are back on the smoker. The smoke ring on my last UDS brisket was more noticeable but the taste of this one is very nice.

Brisket2.JPG

Brisket3.JPG

Butts2.JPG

Outstading looks food, you cant go wrong with a Klose pit!

Nice smoker. I have one, but with the dual doors. You're going to love it.

Outstading looks food, you cant go wrong with a Klose pit!

Thanks for the advice Bull.

Nice smoker. I have one, but with the dual doors. You're going to love it.

I already do!

It was 29 degrees this morning and 6:30 am, so I fired it up with a lot of oak thinking it would take forever but after I prepared the meat it was up to 375 degrees in a hurry.

My first attempt at burnt ends. I rushed them because I am so tired and want to go to bed, so I know next time they will be a lot better.

Brisket4.JPG

WOW
WOW
WOW

I'm excited for your score. Nice pron and super nice pit...

Man, what a great find! I've been drooling over Klose pits for years.

Your first cook turned out great. I have to try a fattie with the banana nut muffin mix. That sounds awesome!

All looks good to me!!

You got some good looking butt juice there!!

Man, what a great find! I've been drooling over Klose pits for years.

Your first cook turned out great. I have to try a fattie with the banana nut muffin mix. That sounds awesome!

It was excellent! I bought some chocolate chip muffin mix and will be trying that one soon.

Back