Grilled Swordfish with Chipotle Cilantro Butter

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My wife Jackie wanted swordfish last night so I found this recipe which turned out very good.
DSC_0003-89.jpg

DSC_0004-68.jpg

DSC_0007-51.jpg

Started with Bakers with bacon fat and salt and pepper on a raised grid on the Egg at 400*.
DSC_0009-40.jpg

Salmon with lemon, Olive oil, and Chef Paul Prudhome's Blackened Redfish Magic.
DSC_0010-47.jpg

On the Egg for 5-min. a side.
DSC_0012-33.jpg

400*
DSC_0015-22.jpg

DSC_0018-10.jpg

Served with Chipotle Cilantro Butter, Baked potato with butter sour cream and chives, and salad.
This was very good!!

Recipe:http://www.professionalrecipes.com/recipes/seafood/swordfish_chipotle_butter.html

Ross

I'm always kinda surprised that folks use Olive oil for grilling. I use a good quality variety of olive oil 'after' I grill - for the flavor layer it can provide - but to prep food I generally use a less costly oil, and one with a higher smoke point.

The oils I use for grilling & why.

Oh sheese - forgot to mention how tasty this cook looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!!! One question - in the post, you said, " Salmon with lemon, Olive oil, and Chef Paul Prudhome's Blackened Redfish Magic." It was swordfish, right? Just checking, cause whatever it is, I want to try it.

I'm always kinda surprised that folks use Olive oil for grilling. I use a good quality variety of olive oil 'after' I grill - for the flavor layer it can provide - but to prep food I generally use a less costly oil, and one with a higher smoke point.

The oils I use for grilling & why.

Oh sheese - forgot to mention how tasty this cook looks!
Thanks, I'll read that

Ross

Looks great!!! One question - in the post, you said, " Salmon with lemon, Olive oil, and Chef Paul Prudhome's Blackened Redfish Magic." It was swordfish, right? Just checking, cause whatever it is, I want to try it.
Yes it was swordfish the redfish magic was the seasoning

Ross

Ross, your meal looks wonderful! Thank you for the recipe too. If I can find some swordfish out here in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to give it a try! :-D

Those are some nice lookin' swordfish steaks...They remind me of tuna, is your disired doness seared on the outside and rare on the in? Looks wonderful...I've always wanted to try swordfish...Now I'll have to

Ross, good looki8ng job on the cook. Thanks as well to CB, appreciate the take on cooking with oils. Nice website as well.

Back