Filet Mignon pron

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So me and my bros scored some wagyu filet. Slightly trimmed it and cut into steaks.

20140107_155530.jpg

Salt and peppered them and on the grill they went. Half direct and half indirect as you can see.

20140107_210107_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

A sucky cell pic but while probing we started eating them off the grill. :mrgreen:

20140107_210725_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

Of course the plated pic. I did my best. Glad we ate a few off the grill since by the time they made it to the table, got plated, they went over.

20140107_211650.jpg

Hands down the best steak I've ever had. My younger brother said that's the best "marshmallow" I've ever had. Couldn't agree more.

20140107_211805.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

HOLY WOWWWW. I do prime filet quite a bit (my fav cut of beef) but that looks out of this world.

You said it perfect. It was truly out of this world. Nothing I've experienced before even at the high end steakhouses.

:shock: I don't know that I've ever seen a better looking cut of tenderloin than that. Absolutely gorgeous.

I like the marshmallow analogy too... It paints a very vivid picture for me.

BTW, by the looks of it you might have used a Rapala fillet knife to carve them up based on the scabbard. I've had mine for over twenty years and it's still going strong. It's a shadow of it's former self from being sharpened so many times but I still use it often.

BTW, I just noticed you are in LA, is it somewhere local?

I preach the gospel all the time on here lol. The place is called Harmony Farms on Foothill Blvd in La Crescenta/The Foothills. They have all kinds of specialty meats and you can order pretty much whatever you want.

:shock: I don't know that I've ever seen a better looking cut of tenderloin than that. Absolutely gorgeous.

I like the marshmallow analogy too... It paints a very vivid picture for me.

BTW, by the looks of it you might have used a Rapala fillet knife to carve them up based on the scabbard. I've had mine for over twenty years and it's still going strong. It's a shadow of it's former self from being sharpened so many times but I still use it often.

Thanks Al,

I love that knife. I have a nice knife set but I tend to grab that one before anything. Love carving, filleting, basically anything that need to be fine "tuned" for the lack of a better word. I've had it two years and havent't sharpened it yet. Still like brand new and I paid $15.:shock:

I preach the gospel all the time on here lol. The place is called Harmony Farms on Foothill Blvd in La Crescenta/The Foothills. They have all kinds of specialty meats and you can order pretty much whatever you want.
I'm scared to ask what you paid, but almost don't care after these pictures.

My forehead hurts from banging it into the monitor trying to get to that steak. Holy carp! That looks amazing!!!

I have been wanting to try waygu since I can remember. Jealousy doesn't even come close to the way I fell right now.:sad:

Back