I saw a Komodo Kamado in person today.

Lobsterbake

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
All I can say is nothing on the market compares in materials or build - it is the Ferrari of ceramic smokers. So impressed - I went to check out one owned in IN and it is everything I thought and more. I will have one sometime this year. www.komodokamado.com :razz:

i'm sure they are. but for some reason they do nothing for me. now if i was given one i would love the thing to death.

They sure are pretty, but for everyday use and at a fraction of the price, I'll take a Big Green Egg with its lifetime warrantee any day.

Be careful. They have a very sketchy history.
I almost bought one about 15yrs ago

I'd like to see one in person myself, but living in Canada, even a Green Egg is virtually an unknown. I get a lot of comments on my Broil King Keg. Can only imagine what people would say about the Komodo.

KK's are indeed super nice and extremely well built. Congrats on your future cooker Lobsterbake.

Which size are you getting, 19, 23 or 32?

I am either getting 23 or 32. We are going to Bali next month for vacation and will get to meet owner and see the factory so super excited!!

Usually helps when you have a point to a comment MS - if you have nothing constructive to add then it is a waste of space to comment. I am sure you have never seen a KK in person but still felt compelled to disagree with no basis or in other words :blah:

You are right this is Q-Talk and things need to remain on topic. It appears you did not understand what I was saying, so let me clarify.

I do not believe that this [FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]refractory material[/FONT] cooker will cook any better than the Big Green Egg. The higher cost is not going to be offset by the small amount of better heat retention, you are paying more because of the Art and Design, they look pretty.

If you cannot cook it will make no difference what cooker you buy or how much you paid for it.

Since you have been here for an entire 3 months, I can understand your basis for calling my comment something less than rubbish, I appreciate your thoughts and insult.

FWIW, talking about basis or lack thereof, where in your OP did you explain anything about the cooker that would justify the raving review? Or were you just plugging the KK?

Evidently,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I am sure they are great cookers.Good luck.

Thanks Hoss. Big Green Egg owners tend to be overly sensitive and think the BGE is the end all be all. They are a great cooker but not for everyone and the Kamado Joe offers more for less in the ceramic cooker category. Komodo Kamado are refractory material cookers and in a different league.

I would say 235 degrees for 85 hours is pretty impressive and no I have no ties to KK company besides a raving fan.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/komodokamado2/kk2-01.htm

A BGE weighs about 160 lbs and the KK has 82 lbs of 304 stainless..
No need to compare the two.

Much more expensive but you are not paying 50% to the store who sold it to you also.
I have no problem with price as long as it's a good value..

I'll stick with my Vision Kamado Pro series for now. $699.00 at costco. verses
23" OTB Gen 2.6 pricing
Standard Tiles $4,260
Pebble Tiles 4,420
Bronze Metallic 4,480
And now I've got money left for beer! And lots of meat to smoke!
Just Sayin....................

Back