• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm Actually Cooking Something! **** Live From Overland Fark, KS

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Things have been so crazy for the last month and a half that I forgot I had some smokers outside!:doh:

It's pretty cold this morning, it might even be the coldest of the year, so I had to stay true to my tradition of smoking something on the coldest day.

enu7a2e9.jpg

The weather man said it was 5 degrees outside, but I don't think he was using a RED Thermapen!

Due to technical difficulties from the cold, my camera could not take pics of my smoker prep this morning so I will give a quick recap.

First off, the middle and bottom sections of my WSM's were frozen together. It's rained recently and some jackass left my WSM's uncovered.:mad: Once I pried them apart by thwacking the side of the ring sealing them together and placing one foot on a leg of the unit and lifting, I then tried to take the unit apart for a quick cleaning and assembly. Unfortunately enough water gathered in the bottom bowl that it was just up to grate level and frozen solid into one big mass of bowl, ice, ash, grate and a few unspent coals protruding out of the top. Undeterred, I turned the bowl upside down and grabbed a pitcher of hot water, and poured a stream of hot water on top of the inverted bowl until the icy mass dislodged from the bowl, taking all the ice, ash, charcoal and grate with it. Voila! Clean bowl!:thumb: Next I refilled the pitcher with more hot water and poured it slowly around the top of the now dislodged ice mass to free the grate. Once it popped off I poured the remaining water over the coals frozen to the top of the grate to dislodge them. Voila! Clean grate!:thumb: I have no idea what I am going to do with the ashy, coal-ridden ice semi-sphere though.:confused: I'm sure I'll think of something.

I lit that farker up with some cherry chunks added for flavor. When it got to temp I tossed on a packer just because I had an extra one lying around.

Now, let's get down to business. Here are the chuckies I'm cooking up.

tyja5ajy.jpg

I'm seasoning them with some Foil Hat and some Pepper.

a6agy3yz.jpg

Now let's go put them on the smoker.

e8uhe3u5.jpg

More to come today here on "Live From Overland Fark" after these messages!:thumb:

What happend to the real bigabyte? Where did you put him? Looks good though. Ill check on ya when I fly over today.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Throw that semi-sphere of ice, ash, and coal over in the nieghbors yard and tell them it came from outer space. :becky:

Would it be crazy to ASSume you have a fresh batch of doughnuts on the ready, too??:p

...And, we're back!:becky:

The WSM is chugging along at 275*, let's check on those chuckies now that we hit the 90 minute mark.

y5a5eqa4.jpg

IT is 132*, so not quite there yet.

Now that the sun is out, here is my ice thingy.

a3e6eqyp.jpg

Still not sure what I'm going to do with it though.

We'll be back later when the chuckies are ready for some special treatment here on "Live From Overland Fark"!

You are a braave soul my friend! KC was a bit nippy this morning, I plan on doing a similar cook overnight saturday for the superbowl. Stay warm out there!

...And we're back!:thumb:

Let's check those Chuckies again...

a8ymeqep.jpg

OK, they look ready now, don't you think?

Now let's take a pan of this stuff...

ybytyby5.jpg

Squish in some maters...

syhyva5y.jpg

Add some beef broth...

udysevug.jpg

And some wine...

yhetavej.jpg

Now let's arrange those chuckies on top. The two of them whole are too big, but one is not quite enough, so let's separate one and top it like so...

4a6y3yny.jpg

Now let's cover it with foil to keep the government from dipping it's hands in and let this cook for a while.

We'll be back again soon here on "Live From Overland Park"!:cool:

Back