MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMatt42 View Post
Lesson has been learned for me. I am very new to this Kamado grilling.
Don't feel bad if things don't work exactly as expected on your first run. "You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?" Why do you think we collect here and share our knowledge?

I highly recommend that you take notes that you can refer to the next time you smoke a butt. Include things like recipes, smoking wood, weather, time and technique. In particular, note anything that you want to do differently next time. You will get better faster if you do this for every cook.

And when you figure out the details that matter on your cooker to produce the best 'Q you can, you will really appreciate the effort you put in to get to that point!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
Plaid Palace
On the road to being a farker

All done and pulled!

For the complete process click here: http://kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3371

Thanks for the help everyone! I may still be waiting on it to finish now if I had listened to you guys.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #33
Ole Man Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm not really a 'Low and Slow' guy, I like to smoke butts a little hotter...
I like to put them on between 275° and 300°.

Verify the temperature your smoking at. I like to check gauges against a know oven gauge that has been confirmed as accurate...
OR... Boil some water and check gauge at boiling temp. (212°)

Too big a fluctuation of temps makes it danged near impossible to tell what you are doing. You may have been only warming the meat.
Don't check the meat too often, you will only delay it getting done.
Ole Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote