MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #121
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Cover Your Eyes Boys

She's naked! She's even looking pretty thin these days.

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

Tada!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #122
cgaskell65
Found some matches.

All these fatty's look fantastic. I just did my first fatty smoke yesterday. One with Jimmy Dean Regular with Italian seasoning and 5 Italian Cheeses and the other with Jimmy Dean Hot with shredded pepper jack cheese. I think I might have rolled them too thin because they were long and cooked in about 50 min at 250. Should they be rolled back to about the size they came out of the wrapper? Fast cook was a lot faster than I expected but they sure were good.
cgaskell65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #123
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
All these fatty's look fantastic. I just did my first fatty smoke yesterday. One with Jimmy Dean Regular with Italian seasoning and 5 Italian Cheeses and the other with Jimmy Dean Hot with shredded pepper jack cheese. I think I might have rolled them too thin because they were long and cooked in about 50 min at 250. Should they be rolled back to about the size they came out of the wrapper? Fast cook was a lot faster than I expected but they sure were good.
It's up to you I don't think 50 mins is that short for that small piece of meat.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #124
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

And one of my favorites- jalepenos stuffed with cheddar and the rolled in sausage-

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #125
Chezmatt
Full Fledged Farker

This one was part of our Superbowl feast:

fatty.jpg

It's a pound of mild Italian sausage, stuffed with pepperocini and and mozzarella, then wrapped in bacon. I couldn't get any pictures of it sliced, because it disappeared in about 30 seconds.
22.5" WSM (x2) /[COLOR=Orange][B] Orange [/B][/COLOR]& [B]Black [/B]Mini-WSM / Lion gas grill / [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Green[/B][/COLOR] Weber Performer / [COLOR="Red"][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] & [COLOR="gold"][B] Gold [/B][/COLOR] Mini-WSM / XL Big Green Egg
Chezmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #126
Shootthebunnies
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I have not posted enough to know what a fatty is, so what is it?

Looks great and I want to try one!

Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #127
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Jimmy Deans or other brand sausage roll. Some people roll them out flat, and stuff them with all kinds of things. Other folks throw them on the smoker naked, just the way they came out of the wrapper. Either way, them's good eatin'!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #128
jjrkegler
Knows what a fatty is.

No pics now but I'll try to update this weekend. I take hot bfast sausage and stuff it with goat cheese and chopped dates. It gets more compliments than the brisket and ribs. I'm thinking of something new. What do you think of stuffing with gargonzola and chopped Kalama olives?
jjrkegler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation threads