• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Brothers forgive me.....

for I have sinned. I have coveted my neighbors Weber kettle, sitting next to her garage for 3 yrs. Today I summoned the courage to ask her, her intentions with said kettle. It hasn't been used in a long time. Well after intense negotiations, she said, "take it home with you". To which I replied, "I'll give ya ten dollars for it". To which she replied "five will do". I never was real good at negotiating. Anyway here she is. No date stamp.

Attachments

• weber 001.jpg
    weber 001.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,309
  • weber 002.jpg
    weber 002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,309
I picked up an EI (1993) black a week ago for 15 and going tonight to pick up another black one tonight, not sure of the condition... but really it's a Weber... is there really a bad one? :) I will post pics when I get her home, probably tomorrow!

I purchased my first Weber Kettle (18" silver) for a backyard party shortly after buying our house. Wife wanted gas grill, but I wouldn't budge. I had no idea about the bottom vents (grew up on propane). Took forever to cook, and the guests were starving. One of those things that people remember, and I don't mind one bit. Still not buying propane, and 3 Weber products later I don't regret holding my ground.

I was always the one going...get gas, it is easier and faster... even convinced a friend to get a gasser. Now I have my gasser, it is nice, but when Jack got me to eat his grub from his UDS.... I am HOOKED! He gave me a Bandera, and our friendship has exploded ever since! Within a few months, I have bought a 1997 (P) performer, 2 travelers, a 1997 (EI) Weber, and now tonight getting another Weber kettle... I have the permission of my wife to get a WSM when she gets her next purchase... I can wait... and if things go well, a co-worker is checking her mom's house in a few weeks to see if....I may cry either way, if she has a BGE that she will GIVE ME!!!!!

Yes, I am hooked on charcoal and smoking... :icon_cool

for I have sinned. I have coveted my neighbors Weber kettle, sitting next to her garage for 3 yrs. Today I summoned the courage to ask her, her intentions with said kettle. It hasn't been used in a long time. Well after intense negotiations, she said, "take it home with you". To which I replied, "I'll give ya ten dollars for it". To which she replied "five will do". I never was real good at negotiating. Anyway here she is. No date stamp.
Looking at your stamp, I have a yellow weber in my yard with the same one, I believe that I heard its from the mid 70's I'm pretty sure they started stamping them in 79 so its before that. Either way thats one nice looking grill for only five bucks.

My Weber Family...........and looking to add to it........Don't tell my wife!

Attachments

• Webers 001.jpg
    Webers 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Webers 002.jpg
    Webers 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,303
Looking at your stamp, I have a yellow weber in my yard with the same one, I believe that I heard its from the mid 70's I'm pretty sure they started stamping them in 79 so its before that. Either way thats one nice looking grill for only five bucks.

I say we put your picture on your yellow weber and make an official Simpson's Grill :)

I will add my recent Craigslist rehab for the weberistas.

My recent Craigslist score
After some elbow grease...

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

The new grill I got on CL... I posted more pics in another thread but needed to put into this thread also

P1030719.jpg

I had decided long ago that charcoal was just way to much work for grillin, the gas was just so much easier and faster. Then 4 years ago we got married and as a gift was given a 18 1/2" Weber kettle. It stayed in my shop, still in the box mind you till last summer when I decided to try some beer can chicken. Oh my that was great stuff. :wink: :eusa_clap:wink:

Now, we do still use the gas for a quick brat supper but if we want something gooood, the Weber gets called up to the plate.

Still haven't done much for smokin on it, but when I did it seems that my temps were a little too high I think. Gonna have to invest in some sort of thermometer I guess.

I will add my recent Craigslist rehab for the weberistas.

My recent Craigslist score
After some elbow grease...

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Wow, that looks amazing. Great job! :icon_cool

I love my '07 Performer, but I wish it had a cooking grate hanger like your classic model does.

I just picked up a Weber Silver last night - FREE Yahooo.... Seems like it is in good condition except for the blades - two were rusted off and the third was almost gone. I had to cut the nut off the bottom to remove them tonight. I saw where you can buy replacement parts online and was wondering how hard it is to install the new blades. Do they just fit on each side with the screw holding it together from the bottom side? I guess I am going to have to start following this thread like I do the UDS thread.

You should be able to buy the whole kit for like about 15 bucks, blades, bolt handle and all that crap.. Homie Depoot should have them as well

Goose, that green Weber is so cool looking. Nice score.

Picked up a 1998 Performer the other day off CL. It needs a really good cleaning. The guy said the igniter didn't work. Well I guess not. It was plugged up with old ashes and crud. It works now.:wink:

picture.php

picture.php

Back