We have our first gig lined up.

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just waiting for the insurance company to get back to us. This event is very busy and about three miles from our front door.:icon_cool

http://www.swindonmela.com/mela/downloads/foodstallterms&conditions2009.pdf

With the sun shining on us all day and over 20,000 people attending the event, Swindon Mela 2008 was a huge success and exceeded all expectations. Thank you to all who participated, attended and worked on the event and here's counting down to Saturday 25th July 2009 for the next Swindon Mela.

We are shooting for a day or two of this event also..
http://www.oldtownfestival.co.uk/whats.html

Should be finished by the weekend.

Need to trim a door and make hinges for it, weld a plate where the original cap was,attach the emergency brake rod, burn out/ season and paint.

2cibl94.jpg

Good luck! Hey I understand events singling out alcohol but why ice cream?

lol I found that strange too. Funny thing, when you go to your kids Christmas play and other events you can buy beer or wine right these in the cafiteria. First time I saw that I couldn't believe it.:shock:

Sounds like fun!

What a great way to break in the new cooker.

Congrats!!! The cooker is looking great as well!

Good luck! Hey I understand events singling out alcohol but why ice cream?

lol I found that strange too. Funny thing, when you go to your kids Christmas play and other events you can buy beer or wine right these in the cafiteria. First time I saw that I couldn't believe it.:shock:

Sounds like the old joke of the German that went into McDonalds and ordered a beer... Guy behind him started giving him a rough time about his request... The German simply turned, laughed, and said "I just realized, you came here for the food!"

Ok I need some luck sent our way.

I have been emailing trying to get a spot at Trowbridge Village Pump Festival. this summer and things started off a bit rough.
The reply from them was a bit thin saying..
The Festival attracts up to 8000 people each day, starting from Thursday afternoon & going through until Sunday night.

It’s fair to say, due to the limited number of food vendors we have at the festival, that we are conservative about inviting relatively new businesses.

However, I wouldn’t rule it out as we are looking for some new ideas & flavours for this year so someone with a different approach & look & feel may well be what we’re looking for.

Yesterday I sent them pictures of the cooker and shots from the first cook. The reply then turned to..

The photos certainly look interesting!!! I think we need to talk, can you
call me on either #XXXXXXXXX or #XXXXXXXXX

We have that look , feel and taste so please brothers and sisters fingers crossed I can lock in the deal.

Any advice you can pass along will be very helpful.

Thank you all
Al and family.

Thanks Mark I'm about to make the call now.

Definately a good sign when they call back.

Getting into limited vendor events is tough...around here it's not how good your product is, it's who you know.

Good luck!

We got the job!!

This will be a excellent event for our team and a great opportunity to help bring smoking/BBQ to this side of the pond. The rest of the week will be spent looking into a mobile refrigeration unit and setting up a program to have raw product delivered to us on site.

Thanks guys we have a few things to get in order and one is a sink set-up I'm thinking of building one that can be broken down and transported then I found this thru google. It may be just the ticket and give some of you a few ideas.

http://www.clickonstore.net/portabl....html?osCsid=f6cb2443bc9edd1b64a0bb16f34401e7

PORTABLE%20SINK%20DOUBLE.3.gif

Portable Hot Hand & Wash Up Unit
[VPW-UP+HAND23LTR]

£362.03 inc VAT
£314.81 exc VAT
pixel_trans.gif

Click to enlarge
A completely self-contained portable hot-water hand wash & washing up system NEW improved design. Ideal for the hygiene requirements of markets, outside-vending, B.B.Q.s and events.

New ! Insulated Water Cube holds 23 litres of hand hot water in a thermally efficient insulated jacket. Stays hot all day!

New easy acting pump system to effortlessly deliver the hot water to the stainless steel basin's fast

Quality stainless steel sink bowl's c/w waste plug and drain

Paper towel dispenser for quick hygienic hand drying

Robust, rot proof plastic trolley for long life

Waste tank " now new improved jerry can 23 lts directly plumbed to both basins

Price includes 200gm Anti bacterial soap in convenient pump action dispenser bottle

Basin sizes: 330x330x200mm deep & 330x230x180mm deep.

Trolley size: 1035x495x910 high.

This unit comes ready to use with no assembly - Just add water !

Back