• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Playin with chicken thighs

aarolar

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Did chicken thighs tonight and played around with how I might do them in a competition. The thighs were all different sizes and pretty hacked up out of the package so I was working with substandard meat but they came out looking pretty dang sexy to me for a first ever shot, tasted pretty good as well. Cooked on my OTS indirectly.

Agree, they are on the rough side, but ignoring that, there look good, nice color and gloss although a little splotchy on the sauce, for your first attempt I am sure you learned a lot though for next time!!!

**Warning, practicing chicken can become habit forming ;)

Looks good from here. Welcome aarolar, how about posting some pics of your homemade 100 gal RFand the mini patio RF? Would sure love to see 'em.

Agree, they are on the rough side, but ignoring that, there look good, nice color and gloss although a little splotchy on the sauce, for your first attempt I am sure you learned a lot though for next time!!!

**Warning, practicing chicken can become habit forming ;)

Yea like I said I was working with what I had when I am cooking for me and the wife I can't justify going through 4 packs of thighs to find consistent sized pieces. Not sure whats so splotchy but I don't think it's the sauce I applied it pretty evenly with a silicone basting brush.

Looks good from here. Welcome aarolar, how about posting some pics of your homemade 100 gal RFand the mini patio RF? Would sure love to see 'em.

I had a thread a while back but I will repost them again because I have made alot of progress on the 100 gallon cooker. I am on a time crunch with it as I entered a rib competition on the 14th of September. :-o

Here is how the big one sits right now in the shop.

Back