doctor my beans

B

bbqsmoke

I love myron's peach baked beans. I bought 2 cans of bush's orginal 1 pound beans and I have the peach pie filling, maple syrup, brown sugar, ketchup, and the mustard. what is the best way to fix these were it taste and looks like homemade baked beans. any help on how to fix these up would be great. there for the inlaws this weekend. thanks yall

Hmm, interesting, I would think that putting them in a pot, mixing it all up and smoking it up would be fine. Why get fancy, I am not sure that there is a difference in appearance. One thing I do, but, it changes the recipe, I add fresh beans or beans from a can that are not already sauced. The texture is a little different. Makes it seem a little less consistent.

wampus beans sound just about what i want. he had northern beans and i got bushes beans that are already considered baked beans. should i drain them then add what i want. next time i will get northern beans. when smoking them do i need to keep extra water in them from drying out. Im going to cook them about an hour on smoker to get some smoke in there then sat im going to bake in oven before serving. going to inlaws lol

I drain my Bush's beans and add my own things, beer:biggrin1: maybe mustard, ketchup, chopped onions (either browned or raw) and of course BACON:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: when i don't have time i add liquid smoke for that smoked flavor:-D

wampus beans sound just about what i want. he had northern beans and i got bushes beans that are already considered baked beans. should i drain them then add what i want. next time i will get northern beans. when smoking them do i need to keep extra water in them from drying out. Im going to cook them about an hour on smoker to get some smoke in there then sat im going to bake in oven before serving. going to inlaws lol

I would drain them but keep the liquid. That way if the final mixture is too dry you can add the bean liquid back in.

I don't think that an hour in the smoker would dry them out, but any extra bean liquid can be added if needed.

thanks ron, I hope the inlaws like them as much as I like them lol

got my beans doctored and smoked. they are good. peaches and maple syrup, only way to go

throw everything to the side and get Wampus' peach bourbon baked bean recipe... They are the shiz!!!!!!!!! you will be the hit of the party with that
recipe!!!!! Another shout out to Wampus for sharing!!!:clap:

Back