Vac sealing and storage - fridge or freezer?

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm doing a brisket and butt this weekend, for a party on the 4th. My plan right now is to pull the pork and bag and seal (with drippin's) and leave the brisket whole/unsliced and bag and seal. Is it ok to keep them in the fridge for a little over a week, or will they need to go in to the freezer at some point. I'm assuming they will be OK in the fridge, but this is my first time cooking ahead of an event (as opposed to day of), so just want to make sure. :confused: THANKS!!!!!

I'm doing a brisket and butt this weekend, for a party on the 4th. My plan right now is to pull the pork and bag and seal (with drippin's) and leave the brisket whole/unsliced and bag and seal. Is it ok to keep them in the fridge for a little over a week, or will they need to go in to the freezer at some point. I'm assuming they will be OK in the fridge, but this is my first time cooking ahead of an event (as opposed to day of), so just want to make sure. :confused: THANKS!!!!!

Freezer until 3 days before and put in fridge to thaw would be my guess. Might go 4 days if it is a large mass of meat. Kinda like thawing a turkey in the fridge... Just my 2 cents...

Freezer until 3 days before and put in fridge to thaw would be my guess. Might go 4 days if it is a large mass of meat. Kinda like thawing a turkey in the fridge... Just my 2 cents...

Make that +1

Back