St. Louis Pork Ribs - Pron

KingofTheCoals

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Picked up a pack of St. Louis ribs from Costco yesterday 2.59lb. Figured the sun is out, the beer is cold it's time to smoke. Rubbed with a home batch of Famous Daves rib rub.

Royal Oak Lump with a chunk (big ol chunk) of Hickory. Smoking at 265 till done. Might try no foil, it has been awhile since I tried that.

photo2bbd.jpg

photo1uw.jpg

photo3wx.jpg

1.5hrs into it. Ribs 157, grill is sitting at 266. No foil today. Probably have another hour and they should be ready. Can't wait to chow down (skipped lunch on purpose).

Poor mans thermapen below :doh:

photo1ckr.jpg

photo2gd.jpg

ribs look good.

i ask only because i struggle sometimes with how much smoke flavor i think i get, albeit i do like a lot of smoke, but with a chunk that size, did you feel like you got a favorable amount of smoke, and how long did it smoke for?

Pulled them off at 3.75 hrs. Could have waited a little longer, wifey was starving.

photo2dvj.jpg

photo3tu.jpg

First time using the "famous daves rib rub" recipe. Not overly impressed. Kind of like my own rub better.

ribs look good.

i ask only because i struggle sometimes with how much smoke flavor i think i get, albeit i do like a lot of smoke, but with a chunk that size, did you feel like you got a favorable amount of smoke, and how long did it smoke for?

I can put a couple big chunks of wood in and still be ok. Smoked for 3.75hrs. When smoking at 265-285 range, the meat gets up to temp a little faster than the traditional 225 low 'n slow. After 145 the meat doesn't take on anymore smoke flavor. So the amount of smoke infused is acceptable. I use a lot of fruit woods. Tonight was straight hickory and tasted great.

Back