MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #76
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtc View Post
I do like that it is a beast, Just not sure about knowing what all parts to order, I'm somewhat handy, Just not sure If I have what's needed to build one?
I have nooo welding skills at all LOL, What tools are needed to do this project? You really have me thinking, Especially I can tell everyone one I made my own smoker!!
Curtc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #77
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
I have nooo welding skills at all LOL, What tools are needed to do this project? You really have me thinking, Especially I can tell everyone one I made my own smoker!!
2 wrenches and drill. They supply the step drill bit to drill the holes.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #78
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
2 wrenches and drill. They supply the step drill bit to drill the holes.
I will check it out, What is the best website to go to?? I'm sure it may have been posted earlier in this thread, but too much to go back through.. I will def check it out!!! Ok I checked out the site, All kind of grilling options are availble, the Drum is sold seperately and they start @ $299??

Last edited by Curtc; 03-05-2014 at 07:24 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #79
USMC
is one Smokin' Farker

I own a 22" WSM and an 18" Weber kettle. They have served me well for years for anything I have ever needed. My next purchase will be an Acorn for during colder and windy times. And after that, possibly a stick burner. You can NEVER have too many outdoor cooking devices. Just my $0.02! I've had a bit to drink, party on! Later friends!

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #80
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
I own a 22" WSM and an 18" Weber kettle. They have served me well for years for anything I have ever needed. My next purchase will be an Acorn for during colder and windy times. And after that, possibly a stick burner. You can NEVER have too many outdoor cooking devices. Just my $0.02! I've had a bit to drink, party on! Later friends!
Agreed: Never too many Smoker Toys LOL ENjoy that cold one as I'm doing the same thing.. Happy Smoking!!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #81
Fwismoker

Quote:
I will check it out, What is the best website to go to?? I'm sure it may have been posted earlier in this thread, but too much to go back through.. I will def check it out!!!
https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...?price=2%2C100

Check out Ray's post...he just assembled his

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=181918

Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #82
USMC
is one Smokin' Farker

What you drinking Curtc? I was taking it easy with a couple Guinness's, but I may have messed up by cracking open the Jose Cuervp on a weeknight (school night at that!)! Oh well, just had to drop a $1000 on the wife's Lexus so I'm drowning the pain! Haha

Edit: Get that farking Akorn! It's just $$$ Bro. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and do the same! Let's do this!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #83
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Decisions, Decisions! Drink Burp Scroll LOL

Old 03-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #84
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Thank You, You really have me thinking!! With all the comments I have on this thread. (Very Thankfull) Now I just want to buy all of them. Looks like I just can't go wrong!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #85
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Curtc, do you wanna do pizza outdoors? If so, your answer is the Akorn or the more expensive Kamado Joe.

But I suppose one could put two pizza stones in a UDS, one below and one above on the higher grate.. that'd almost be like a kamado. Don't know if the WSM can get 500-550F ? It'd be cumbersome though.. just a thought.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #86
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
Curtc, do you wanna do pizza outdoors? If so, your answer is the Akorn or the more expensive Kamado Joe.

But I suppose one could put two pizza stones in a UDS, one below and one above on the higher grate.. that'd almost be like a kamado. Don't know if the WSM can get 500-550F ? It'd be cumbersome though.. just a thought.

Steaks/Burgers which I make allot!!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #87
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post

The beauty of doing pizzas in the UDS is that pizza stones are not required. Simply put the pizza directly on the rack...the direct heat crisps the dough up nice and it doesn't really matter what temps you use although i go higher just to finish them quicker. I have done them lower like 275-300 before and even that works great.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #88
Curtc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
The beauty of doing pizzas in the UDS is that pizza stones are not required. Simply put the pizza directly on the rack...the direct heat crisps the dough up nice and it doesn't really matter what temps you use although i go higher just to finish them quicker. I have done them lower like 275-300 before and even that works great.

Will have to try the pizza!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #89
unfoundfred
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This thread just convinced me to go pick up an Akorn...

SS Performer | 18.5" OTS | 22.5" WSM | Summit S-620
unfoundfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #90
deguerre

Um, We (Redhot and I) have both. Well, if you consider a Cajun Bandit mod to a Weber Performer a WSM, that is.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote