Cajun Propane Fryer saucer

Phesant

Babbling Farker
So what do you think it's on sale a Scheels up here for $49.95?

Is it worth looking at or is it junk?

02217401944_F.jpg

Frying Fun has Just Begun! The Cajun Injector Fryin' Saucer is the ultimate appetizer appliance; just Cook, Drain, and Eat. Its light weight and easy setup, paired with the fact that you only need a 16oz propane tank and 16oz of oil to start frying, make the Cajun Injector Fryin' Saucer the easiest cooker for tailgating, backyard get-togethers, camping, and much more.

Simply get your oil up to temperature, fry your favorite foods in the center reservoir, and then place cooked foods on the non-stick saucer so that it stays warm and juicy; the excess oil drains back into the reservoir. The Frying Saucer also features an electric ignition for easy lighting and a stainless steel burner.

So they say :rolleyes:

Actually that looks like an interesting toy. Kinda on the order of a fondu set but for frying only, or could you control the temp really well FOR fondu I wonder?

I wasn't thinking of using it not so much to fry something, as to use the center to cooking up something and use the outside to keep it warm.....

Or just cook on the outside and have a sauce I put in later and warm and then dunk the food from the outside.....

But your right in thinking it'd be a pain to clean.

He Who Smokes So Well...do you have some pipe, rebar, expanded metal and a burner?

091-1.jpg

I'm just kidding HWSSW. :wink:

I've not heard of the cajun propane fryer, but if you buy one, let me know how well it works please. :biggrin::wink:

I wasn't thinking of using it not so much to fry something, as to use the center to cooking up something and use the outside to keep it warm.....

Or just cook on the outside and have a sauce I put in later and warm and then dunk the food from the outside.....

But your right in thinking it'd be a pain to clean.
Like I said, a fondu with a warming plate built in. It could be worth the money. Looks like it's non-stick so clean-up may not be that bad.

He Who Smokes So Well...do you have some pipe, rebar, expanded metal and a burner?

091-1.jpg

I'm just kidding HWSSW. :wink:

I've not heard of the cajun propane fryer, but if you buy one, let me know how well it works please. :biggrin::wink:

She Who Smokes Well

I have that set up..... its called a turkey fryer :rolleyes::twisted::twisted: .. just thought this might be fun ..... Norcoredneck had something like this one time and I thought it was cool....

Bet Bob Brisket would know what to do with this....

Actually that looks like an interesting toy. Kinda on the order of a fondu set but for frying only, or could you control the temp really well FOR fondu I wonder?

I'm with Guerry on this one. Would be cool for a party. You could make a veggie tray and a meat tray with skewer size pieces of everything and a big ole batch of Cowgirl's beer batter and have people put stuff on the skewer, dip in the batter and fry away. Nice part is you can put the skewers on the side so they drain and cool off. It say it has a drain so clean shouldn't be too bad. For the price, it would make a cool toy. THe shape makes for less splatter too.

For that price I would pick it up for parties and such. And if it runs on a small propane bottle that would be nice and convienent. Would make a good addition to the arsenal IMO :)

Back