MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
bittertruth
is one Smokin' Farker

Location: High Point, NC. Deep in the heart of the Cradle of Que!
Default Minneapolis-St. Paul

I am going to Minneapolis-St Paul for an Aviation Conference and will be there for two days. i would like to try out some of the local BBQ/food and would like some recomendations. I am staying in down town St. Paul so any info from the Minnesota brethren would be appreciated.

Thanks.
"The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a free man any more than a dog." G. K. Chesterton

New Braunfels Bandera smoker
Weber Kettle
bittertruth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I haven't a clue, but RonL should be able to help.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Well... Maybe... usually when I am in the Cities I am over in Bloomington or Plymouth. I haven't spent too much time on the St. Paul side. Here's a coupl eof Minneapolis places that i have tried.

Rudolph's Ribs - Its been a couple of years, but I remember some good beef ribs. The place gets good ratings on the various Minneapolis restaurant web sites

Market BBQ - Average. I liked the place before i knew better.

Famous Dave's - Yeah... the chain. I only included it because the original location is there. I'm pretty sure that it is the 7th St. location in St. Paul (1930 7th St W St Paul, MN 55116-3203 )

Scott Ja Mama's BBQ - I haven't tried this place yet, but the reviews are good and the name is cool! If you try it, let me know! I'll be back up that way in April.

Now, going beyond BBQ, what else do you like? there are some very good places up there. Here's some my favorites...

Fuji-Ya - One of the best sushi restaurants I have been to. Fabulous if yo like sushi. NOT CHEAP!!!

Axel's - Great steakhouse. Also NOT CHEAP!!! The Mendota location is closest to St. Paul.

Palomino - Maybe my favorite restaurant in the TC area. Downtown Minneapolis. Great food, great beer. They have their own brew that is very good.

Key's - Now this is a Brethren sort of place. Not fancy. Just good diner food. Great for breakfast, huge portions at lunch. they have other locations, too, but htis is the one I've been to. Near the capitol.

If you need info on specific cuisines, let me know. I've been traveling into that area on business for 15 years.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Oops... Almost forgot another favorite...

Brit's Pub - Downtown Minneapolis. A great place to grab a pint and some Scotch Eggs.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I have eaten at keys. Breakfast is awesome
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote