And yet another rib roast

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
The local grocery store had choice CAB roasts on sale... we don't get CAB around here often.
Cut them off the bone and retied them - then rubbed with Todd's dirt.
My in-laws like their beef well done :shocked: so I get one for them and one for Al and me.
This was the first year I got the timing right and didn't have to cook theirs more...:tsk:
Did them on the Egg - ran the temps around 300*
IMG_1432.jpg

My plate - I love the outside piece....
IMG_1433.jpg

Here's the inside...
IMG_1435.jpg

MIL brought a mushroom casserole - went great with the beef. Opened a nice Cabernet - good dinner. Thanks for looking!

we used to have those exact same plates at my house. Anyway, rib looks good. I pulled mine at 135, but made the mistake of waiting two hours to serve it so it climbed and finished off at around 145 150 area. no pink in mine...

Looks good though. what did you use to season it? EDIT: never mind, i guess i cant read... Todds dirt. that seems to be very popular

Usually I just use salt, pepper, and garlic but after seeing Rons post I whipped out my Dirt - it was pretty tasty.

Very nice, yours looks delicious! Thanks for not showing me the well done one, it would only make me sad!

Merry Christmas!

Looks deeelicious :hungry:

My wife was a "well done" meat eater when I met her, now she prefers "mid rare" :thumb:

Looks real good. I had to go a little longer with mine today since my wife and boys like theirs a little more done. Was still good though.

Thanks for not showing me the well done one, it would only make me sad!
It makes me sad every year.
The first year I had a PRIME grade roast. I got it to a beautiful medium rare, because that is the only way I ever knew anyone ate it. Sliced it and delivered it to the table and the first words out of my MILs mouth were "Oh Honey, I can't eat that - it's not cooked". So my mom and I sttod in front of the microwave almost in tears we we "finished cooking it" so they could eat it. No pink at all, just gray...They said they loved it. :puke:
Over the years I have tried many ways to make sure their beef was done enough. This year I figured I'd do them on the Egg so if I needed to I could seer them off, but didn't need to - go figure. It's not how I like my rib roast but it makes them happy so what the heck. Oh, and I don't but Prime for them any more...

My wife was a "well done" meat eater when I met her, now she prefers "mid rare" :thumb:
Big Al was a died in the wool "well done" guy (as you can imagine after being raised by the "well done" parents, but he hung out with his cousin who showed him the light - Thank Goodness!!!

Back