New With Nothin'

jonpower

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I have been looking at my options since I opened up my gas commercial charbroil and found it crumbling from the inside out. I decided to make a UDS, and that got me here. All I know about BBQ is to put the meat on until i think its done. A long time ago I started out with what looked like a brinkman that had the hanging box on the side, but the metal was very thick. I've read that they are no good but everything i made on it came out great. The mother in law bought my wife and i the charbroil because the old one "looked like a filthy behemoth". Should have never got rid of it. Now I'm focused on the UDS, all i have so far is the barrel. Any tips would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Brethren! Head over to Q Talk, there's probably a thread going on now about a uds. If not use the search bar at the bottom of the page, and it will give more than enough info to build a rock solid drum. Also look up Big Papa Smokers drum kit. It comes with everything except the drum, even a drill bit!

Welcome to the best place on the Internet. Enjoy. Learn. Teach. Share pictures. We are glad you're here.

Started with a Brinkman Smokin- Pit, still got her, makes great Q. Remember most the time its the cook, not the cooker. Good Luck

Welcome. Still have my Brinkman and adding to the arsenal as I can

Empty LP tank soon to be charcoal

I was sitting on the deck today staring at my dead charbroil and I occurred to me to cut the top of the gas tank off, drill some air holes in the bottom and use it for my charcoal basket. Other than getting the paint off of it, is there anything I might need to know about using one of these tanks. I just finished cutting the top off.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back