A Special Request/ Saying No Not An Option

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
You may remember that my Sil was recently hospitalized and had emergency surgery to remove a mass from her spine that paralyzed her. Well it turned out to be Multi Cell Sarcoma.

She got to leave the hospital today, I arranged for her and her husband to get an Handicap accessible apartment right next door. The wife will be able to sit with her during the day. She is in pretty bad shape.

BUT; I stopped in to see her and put a shower arm on that she would be able to use from her chair. She tells me Bobby there is just one thing I want right now from you. What can I do I asked? I want some of your BBQ Chicken. You got it I said, I will see you in a little while with your request.

NO Smoker so I set up the weber to cook indirect with the coals and added a piece of hickory. Cut a chicken in half and removed the back. One I put rub on it and one I am cooking plain. Her stomach might not be able to take the spices even though she wants them. So I am doing one with and one with out just in case.

SILRequest001.jpg

SILRequest002.jpg

SILRequest003.jpg

SILRequest004.jpg

looks great and your a great guy for getting that sorted so quickly.

Way to slide there:thumb: you're a good bro. Hoping for betters days for her.

I hope she enjoys the chicken, and it settles well. I'm a cancer survivor. I didn't have to do chemo, but I did do about a month of daily radiation to the abdomen. It made eating a little like Russian roulette. You just don't know if the food is going to beat you up or not.

As long as I didn't eat too much at one time, I was okay. I hope you SIL can enjoy good food, even if it is in small amounts at a time.

CD

Chicken Delivered and threw in a couple of Cat head Biscuits.

SILRequest.jpg

You're a good man. The healing power of good BBQ cannot be underestimated. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Thought and prayers headed in y'all's direction.

Some folks make food you can taste with your soul - looks like you're one of 'em! She's lucky to have you as a bil. The comfort that can be brought through feeding is an awesome thing.

Fantastic bird and an even better Bro. I take my good health for granted every day and to hear about this makes me realize how easily things can change. You and your wife are awesome and someone needs to give you guys a big hug.

Great job Bobby, and some good looking chicken too.

Thanks for sharing the story and the photo's I will pray for a better days ahead for you and your family.

Wonderful job's you did for your SIL Bobby.
Thanks for what you did. I am sure she enjoy the food very much.

Strong work Bobby! That is some good lookin' yardbird!

Back