MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
miller4eyes
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default new Uk member

Hi all, Ive not found an introductions thread but i thought i'd just say hey.
Ive had a nice read of some of the threads already going which have answered most the questions i have but any ways a little about me
Im from Sunny(at the moment) England, Letchworth Garden City just north of london. I've got webber Kettle that ive had a good six years now and just brought a Gas grill second had from Ebay for £29 about $43 proper bargain. I plan on using both.

In England theres not really that many people properly into BBQ most people class bbq as over cooked chicken legs Burgers and Cheap Sausages.
So Far ive done a few brisket, Turkey, pulled pork and my fav boneless lamb leg with Garlic and rosemary (Do people eat much lamb in the US i never see any recipes for it? )

I wanna get more into BBQ gunna do some Ribbs and Chicken wings next weekend i'll get some photos and post them.

i have some questions but i'll have a read of some more threads first
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000594.jpg (34.4 KB, 12 views)
miller4eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
miller4eyes

Sorry about the rubbish photo

Old 07-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Swine Spectator
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : David

Welcome Miller,

Jump in, the water's just fine. Lamb is less common here in the states. It is usually quite expensive. I have found that it goes on sale after Jewish holidays and use that opportunity to stock up.

It looks like you have a rotisserie on that gasser. I have a home-made charcoal rotisserie that I use to cook leg of lamb. I de-bone it, then season with garlic, rosemary, and lemon. Then I roll it tightly and tie it up. I cook it on the rotisserie to ~140. I like to serve it sliced with creamed leeks.

David
The Swine Spectator

- "There's nothing magical about 225°, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado
- "You talk about burning lots of wood like it’s a bad thing..." - Gimmethecash
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
miller4eyes

Lambs pretty expensive in the England too but so is most meat worth cooking. Last time i was in Florida i saw the price of your meat and its so cheap in comparison to home by a long shot.
Yeah the grill came with the rotisserie its missing one of the forks but i can get new one's for not much the motor that came with it didnt work at first but i took it apart and got it going so im pretty pleased with. it not to sure if i'll like the gas as much as a proper coal bbq but i shall just have to see

Tags
England