Price for a used Bandera?

tker32

Reaction score
I came across a Bandera on my local CL and they are asking $200 for it. To me that seems like it could be a little high, especially since I will still need to spend money on mods to get it squared away. Am I just being too cheap and are these cookers worth that?

My other option is to build a UDS, either a full size or a 30 gallon. I guess one other option is looking at buying a clearanced Jumbo Joe and trying to get a middle section built up for it and use it as a semi-homemade WSM.

Thanks

I was looking for one and saw them listed anywhere from $75 to $200. $200 I think is a fair price for one in good condition that only needs mods and no other repairs.

They average $200 around here - seen them start at $275 - $300 but I watch the ad and see them drop price once they get $200-$225 they sell.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll probably keep an eye on the listing and see if they end up dropping the price. If I can get it for $150 or so, I'll probably pick it up. If not, I'll figure something else out.

I paid $200 for mine used. It was in great shape, clean, no rust, all the grates, rib racks, hangers, etc. were there and it had a nice stainless baffle mod. And he threw in a couple arm loads of oak for it.

I paid $200 for mine used. It was in great shape, clean, no rust, all the grates, rib racks, hangers, etc. were there and it had a nice stainless baffle mod. And he threw in a couple arm loads of oak for it.
Awesome. I looked at a couple before deciding to build a larger custom "Bandera" and none were in "ready to fire" condition and since I'm no welder and have no direct friends that are, I passed.

I scored mine for $75. It was missing a caster and had surface rust, but was otherwise in good condition. It came with all racks/hangers/shelves, too. I think I got mine for a pretty good deal, though. I have seen a couple more show up on CL, lately, and they were in the $150-200 range. Seems to be the going rate.

I had a blast restoring/modding mine. Good luck in your search.

Back