• Cherry

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • Pecan

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • Apple

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters
Hickory for me.

I also like oak, cherry, pecan and apple, but hickory is my go-to.

I can't vote because I cannot live by one wood alone. I variously use hickory, apple., cherry, maple and oak (and some times black walnut, pear and mesquite) I would be hard pressed to pick one wood.

I've always been a big fan hickory, but lately my go to has been pecan and cherry. Not so much for flavor but more for color. I can only tell very small differences in taste of different woods. Some folks can tell easily but I can't. Not sure why, but wish I could!

If I had to choose one single wood, Alder would be my all around, it is subtle enough for fish, yet works well on game, pork, poultry, and beef.

I personally prefer to use cherry, apple, citrus, and peach depending on the meat. These are my go to choices for smoking.

Someone on here once said, "Any wood is good for smoking as long as it's Cherry"

Mesquite the king of all woods hands down. Beef and mesquite is heaven.

I also can not answer this question. I have not tried them all yet. I just had a friend give me two truck loads of apple wood so for a good while I guess thats what it will be.

Tough question. In my situation it all depends. Stick burner likes white oak and hickory. If what's cooking is in a charcoal cooker, then a combo of cherry and peach. If I had to pick just one it would be Peach.

Hickory is my go-to wood. Apple, oak, and cherry follow closely

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I like hickory for pork, oak for beef and cherry/apple for poultry. If I had to pick one it would probably be oak since it's kind of a tweener.

Back