MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Default question on danger zone temp

So in my first long cook on my UDS, I decided to go 225* on a pork shoulder using my stoker. I put it on @1AM and at 8AM, the internal temp is 141. Normally I cook at 250* using my kegs, but since I really don't need the pork shoulder ready to eat till the afternoon, I figured let it cruise at 225*. Is 7 hours too long in the danger zone? Within 2 hours it was at 90* internal temp if that makes a difference. I've since bumped it up to 250* and the IT is 147* 2 hours later. Thanks!
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

danger zone is more about surface temp than internal (as far as i know)

if the ambient temp in your smoker is 225, you have nothing to worry about.
troytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Greyeagle
Knows what a fatty is.

Danger zone temp for meat is 40 degrees to 140 and 4hrs. Shouldn't hold meat between these temps for more then 4 hours.
Greyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->