Did a little late night cooking last night on the BSK

Brandon_Lutz

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Pushed the Blaz'n Grillworks GI to the side last night and fired up the Big Steel Keg for pepper cooking action.

I made some stuffed peppers braised in beer and topped with some pepper-jack cheese. Cooked them with a little pecan wood for smoke and it took about 2 hours total until they were ready at 400F.

Now that that is out of the way I can make stuffed pepper soup tonight. :mrgreen:

zcocHTv.jpg

N0l6l6O.jpg

FI6hQol.jpg

Last edited:
When I was growing up one of our regular dinners was stuffed bell peppers.
Still love them today. Don't get them much, but still love them. :clap:

When I was growing up one of our regular dinners was stuffed bell peppers.
Still love them today. Don't get them much, but still love them. :clap:

Same here. I grew up on a farm and lived not far from my grandparents. When I started working on the farm at a young age, my father would take me to me to my grandparents house every day for lunch and often for supper as well. My grandmother would make stuffed peppers fairly often, at least once or twice or month. She stuffed hers however with homemade cornbread dressing and it was delicious.

Mine are stuffed with a meat stuffing, with some cheese and onion mixed in. It makes a great base for a stuffed pepper soup because of the filling. I also dont par boil the peppers beforehand. I just cut the bottoms a little bit to one, make them sit flat and two to let the beer braise steam em from the inside to soften them up.

Back