Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BBQ in the Bluffs May 8th-9th

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone going to be in Council Bluffs for this one? I will be there and have a feeling I am the only brethren going :sad:

Well stop by and say hi to Dirty Pig BBQ if you do!

Pat, maybe I can get the score sheet from you when you get back. This is the first Iowa contest this year and for Iowa BBQ Society members it counts towards TOY rankings. If you are not a member of the Iowa BBQ Society and are an Iowa team, better get it filled out before May 1.

We have the weekend open but it is the only free weekend that month. We may get in late if there are openings.

Pat, maybe I can get the score sheet from you when you get back. This is the first Iowa contest this year and for Iowa BBQ Society members it counts towards TOY rankings. If you are not a member of the Iowa BBQ Society and are an Iowa team, better get it filled out before May 1.

You certainly can get the score sheet when I get back. Hopefully I am near the top :biggrin: Already a member, but you are right...get that in by May 1st!!

So far there's only 14 entered.
I'm 99% sure I'll be there.
Although...St. Jo is looking better for the money.

Well I haven't paid yet so make that 15. Hope they pull in the numbers!!

I'll be judging both St. Joe & Council Bluffs. Good luck to y'all!

So far there's only 14 entered.
I'm 99% sure I'll be there.
Although...St. Jo is looking better for the money.

Come on down to St. Joe mike. It'll be good seeing ya.

I'll be judging both St. Joe & Council Bluffs. Good luck to y'all!

I'll be looking for you with your cooler. See ya there Dave.

I was going to go, got the entry form sitting right here, but there in no way I'll have my trailer done in time. :(

Trailer? You don't need no stinking trailer! Come on over and cook anyway. I have nothing but an ezup and my chair :shock:

Trailer? You don't need no stinking trailer! Come on over and cook anyway. I have nothing but an ezup and my chair :shock:

Well I wouldnt have any other way to get me smoker there, so that is the biggest problem. Believe me I want to be there, Im ready to start the season! But schedule-wise there just arent enough days in the week to get done what i need to get done before then.

Does the trailer have wheels and a tongue?

LOL Yes. To give a little more insight: It is a 1974 NUWA travel trailer. The previous owner cut off the back of it and made it a fold down door, so it is essentially a toy hauler now.

Last weekend I gutted the whole thing except for the bed in the front. I need to redo the tie downs in it, rewire the entire thing, inside and out, install some sort of counter and a winch, so I can get my 600 pound stumps clone in it without slipping another disc in my back.

Believe me I want to be there, and if I can get it done by then and if they still have room I will be there. But at this point in time it doesnt look likely.

Now, if someone would like some help at the contest I might be able to do that. Just to get back in the swing of it, and I have always wanted to cook with another team to get a different point of view.

Pat, bring the extra beer...Tom and I (and maybe Scott and Jackie) are gonna come drive you crazy Friday night. Just too much money to be made with graduations that weekend. (And we have Wicked tickets Sat)...... Good Luck... More importantly are Christy and Sammy coming????

Extra beer....what's that? :rolleyes: I will be well stocked! Wicked wicked tickets?? What row? Christy is confirmed but not sure about Sammy yet :roll:

Back