THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A

ANIMAL

I am in the proses of building a reverse flow cooker. It is being made from a 400 lb propane tank, it will be large enough to hold a 140 lb whole hog. I will use it to cook in the eastern nc whole hog cook offs as well as others. MY question is,, when using this cooker will I need to turn the hog during the cooking time?

I assume you will be loading the thing with a forklift, right? Just make a pallet/cooking rack,
then you can leave it right on the rack. Won't make it any easier to turn, though. I don't
see why you'd need to turn it, though.

SPB

Great pics dive,, but in a eastern Nc cook off,, yours would work with the judges they have,, all the pigs are butterflied,, and most are cooked on a converted oil drum or something like it. I use one now,, i am asking if i would need to turn it over with a reverse flow. I have read that you dont need to turn one on that type of cooker.

Back