MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #31
MadCityJim
On the road to being a farker

I wasn't all that happy with my Auber. Something melted in the first unit I got. They replaced it. After a couple of months the probe wire came loose in the mini plug. I had to resolder. No big deal. Then the down arrow button went so I can't set the temp I want now. It consistently overshot the set temp. Once I got the rig at the set temp, it would hold it until fuel ran low.

I had 20 lbs of bacon ready to go into the smoker when the last failure occurred. I had all my vents sealed except where the fan bolts on. Fortunately I was running a Guru Pit Viper fan. I set the damper down to 10% and with the fan running 100% the rig settled into 160 degrees so it worked out.

I went back and forth between the Guru and the Stoker units. Finally pulled the trigger on the Stoker. It was very close especially since I already had the Guru fan. In the end I opted for the easier Internet access on the unit. It just arrived in the mail today. Its raining for the next couple of days, but I'll get it set up for a cook this weekend for sure.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]-Weber OTG, Weber OTS, Weber Smokey Joe Gold, Smokenator, Stoker[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]-[COLOR=green]SuperFast WaterProof [B]GREEN[/B] Thermapen[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]-Proud architect of: [/B][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90573"][B]Smoked Mac-N-Cheese with Bourbon and Bacon[/B][/URL][B], [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92062"][B]Big Bad BLT Platter[/B][/URL], [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85744"][B]Whole Suckling Pig In My ProQ Excel 20[/B][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]
MadCityJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, Stoker, uds