MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #16
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
So a PBC has no grate? That's silly. They need to make a PBC with BOTH a grate AND Hooks then.

I can't imagine anyone's ribs falling into the fire.... I mean, really! Somebody should buy on of these things and do some speramintin... Maybe chicken frist, then ribs... even cook one rack to see how long before it falls into the fire.

Can a PBC do a brisket? HUNG?
I'm not sure if a PBX can do a brisket all the way hung ;-)....I know you can hang one for a couple hours :-).......I keep searching Amazon for the new patented PitmasterT drawstring butcher paper brisket bags :-).
willbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
Rubmybutt
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbird View Post
I'm not sure if a PBX can do a brisket all the way hung ;-)....I know you can hang one for a couple hours :-).......I keep searching Amazon for the new patented PitmasterT drawstring butcher paper brisket bags :-).
I ordered in 4 Pit Barrels Monday, took one out of the box, got a 10 lbs. bag of hind quarters and a 16 lbs. bag of Kingsford and went to play. App. 90 minutes later we were dining on some of the best chicken I've ever had! Today I did two racks of ribs at work, not enough time so finishing up in oven at home but what i sampled before the oven were yum yum!!!!
Fast Eddy 100-Backwoods Competitor- Backwoods Extended Party-Cookshack SM-160 Weber Smokey Mountian 22.5-New Broanfels offset-Fire Majic Aurora 660A-Weber Genisis (1979)-Weber Genisis 330-Weber Performer-Weber kettle 22.5
Cajun Injector turkey fryer
Fastest [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] splash-proof Thermapan BBQ Guru WIFI.
Just one my first chili cookoff Dec 1st 2012
Rubmybutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
capnrob97
On the road to being a farker

I have the Cajun Injector Chicken Cooker drum that you can use hooks to hang the chiken with, or use the grates.

I always use the hooks and havent had anything fall into the fire yet.
capnrob97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

I cook my competition chicken thighs on a pbc using a combination of small foil pans and directly on the rack. It is the best tool for the job!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Please... a PBC can't win a competition. Like there is gonna be proof anywhere. Hah... Don't get me laughing. You need to spend thousands of dollars to make good BBQ.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Please... a PBC can't win a competition. Like there is gonna be proof anywhere. Hah... Don't get me laughing. You need to spend thousands of dollars to make good BBQ.
Used in 3 competitions, 2 first place trophies, and 1 perfect 180! I better use that tens of dollars of prize money to get a jambo....

Old 05-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #22
hcj3rd
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Donnie behave yourself.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #23
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post
Used in 3 competitions, 2 first place trophies, and 1 perfect 180! I better use that tens of dollars of prize money to get a jambo....
No one is taking my bait anymore. Maybe I should ramp it up a bit.

IF YOU SAY YOU WON ANYTHING WITH A PIT BARREL COOKER YOU ARE A DIRTY LIAR! PLUS YOU'RE A CHICKEN BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO PROVE IT TO ANYONE.

YOU WOULDN'T CATCH ME DEAD USING ANY SMOKER WORTH LESS THAN A THOUSAND DOLLARS. ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO WIN ANYTHING WITH A PBC!

Now that outta do it

Edict.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
BobBill
Knows what a fatty is.

Given what I understand about people and people are what they are, chefs, judges or eaters, you do ribs, chix or whatever in a whatever, behind a curtain, and know your stuff, you will win whatever, whenever...

I smoke for us in the yard, not to boost a little trophy etc.

In truth, smokin' is not rocket science. As someone says, you do not enjoy, stop doing it.

Yes, some make money smoking, and like politicians, the push for expensive goes with the game, and, often makes it a scam...but that is just me view.

Smoke it whatever what turns your and your friends on...that is it.

Last edited by BobBill; 05-04-2013 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: typo
BobBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Smile factor. The little arse kicking Sumbiotch makes me smile every time I walk by it. The PBC rules the patio. Best dang 219 free shipping I ever spent. There's a lot of bad in this ol world, the PBC balances some of that out.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Bob: whats this barrel looking thing?

Rob: you put your meat in there.

Edict.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #27
Cloudsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

I think the sarcasm meter on this thread is broken.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #28
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

you can only twist a rubber band so many times

Edict.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #29
BobBill
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsmoker View Post
I think the sarcasm meter on this thread is broken.

+1. Stuff happens. Good on ya and all-y'all. I''ll be "Squachin' " spares and stuffed 'penos today, on my cheap-ass "small" (30 gal) barrel, an' drinking beer a'course.

Celebratin, snow is near gone and 50 years married...Wonder if Ms Porkbutt is on the menu? :)

Last edited by BobBill; 05-05-2013 at 10:14 AM..
BobBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Donnie..... step away from keyboard and go cook something.

Preferably on YOUR PBC. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote