Contest Announcment Keystone Classic BBQ Competition Harrisburg PA 10/05/12 + 10/06/12

I did this comp a few years ago. Do they still have the judging next to horses?

Minutes after posting this, my Sponsor "Maverick" forwarded me this email from Jim Sharp the General Manager at the Livestock Expo.

We received a lot of similar feedback after that particular year. We have since set up a tent near the teams and are judging outside the building away from the animals. It worked out very well last year and the set-up will be the same again this year. The teams and judges were very satisfied with the adjustment that we made. Please consider participating again this year. We would love to have you back.
Thank you again for your interest in the Keystone Classic Barbeque.
Jim Sharp

We did this last year....and I know there was a tent outside the expo hall.

Believe me, the restroom was my 2nd home last year....I saw the inside of that building far too many times. My guys thought I was riding a horse around all weekend.

We'll be there again this year. It was a great weekend (aside from the stomach issues)!

just added a beer tent and blues bands for saturday.

still room for more teams, we have tons of space!

free ice,showers and the ancilary catagorie meat is provided!for free!

just added a beer tent and blues bands for saturday.

still room for more teams, we have tons of space!

free ice,showers and the ancilary catagorie meat is provided!for free!

Sal, do we still have time to send in entry? Kinda slept on this, but we've planned to do it again after a great experience (apart from our results) last year. Hoping to also bring a number of friends and family as its quite close to home for us. I gotta get my head out of the Gator!

Sadly, we wont be there. Instead we will be in West Virgina at the World Championship Chili Contest. Hope you all kick arse.

My wife and I plan to be there roaming around. Hope to meet you all.

- Brian

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We're in! This is our first year doing this contest. All of the fall conflicts with kids are gone now. Looking forward to it.

Sal, do you know how many are signed up so far? I know there's still plenty of time to add more.

We're in! This is our first year doing this contest. All of the fall conflicts with kids are gone now. Looking forward to it.

Sal, do you know how many are signed up so far? I know there's still plenty of time to add more.

as of last week I think 20, this is when the entrys start comming in, we are hoping for 60+ this year.

Back