MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #76
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

alright, this is my signature dish....Happy St Patricks Day! Enjoy some tamales...whenever I make these, everyone asks for more....

Here's my cook thread...http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=156337

Please use this for my entry...
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #77
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

The closest thing I can come to a signature dish is anything my wife asks me to cook.

This day it was Pastrami - Jack

[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

This is my entry into the signature dish TD. Although I would not really say that I have a signature dish I would say this is my signature style. When I have guest over for dinner they expect Portuguese cuisine as well as BBQ and often times it's a fusion of the two. one of the first dishes I adapted to grilling was a marinated chicken recipe I learned from my mom. Lately I have not been making it and I've heard it (when you going to make your chicken, why haven't you made ). One of the reasons is because it needs to be grilled HnF and not smoked or LnS and I had so much other things going but with all the PBC hype I've been hanging chickens in my WSM with good results and have been wanting to see how this would turn out cooked this way. So without further ado ....

The marinade.

1/4 cup coarse black pepper.
1/4 cup granulated garlic.
1/4 cup paprika.
1/2 cup crushed red pepper (malagueta).
3 tablespoon chopped onion.
1 tablespoon sea salt.
1 tablespoon cumin.
1 tablespoon pickling spice.
6 fresh bay leaves finely chopped
10 cloves fresh garlic smashed and finely chopped.
white wine

I had issues with the camera so I had to keep going between camera and camera phone here is the chicken halves in marinade.

this is after an overnight marinade and just before a light dusting with SM season all.

While the chickens were hanging out I started a side of ervilias gesadas (braised peas) with the following ingredients.

It starts out with a refogado of garlic, onion, EVOO and malagueta (crushed red pepper) then cooked slices of chorico are added.

The pan is deglazed with white wine then dice tomatoes are added and stewed before adding the peas.

I like to finish it off with an egg drop or two.

And served with a nice pasta salad and a cold one.

The chicken was amazing very flavorful, moist and tender the skin was not as good as when it is grilled. It was crispy but kind of tough, no doubt because of the extra moisture from the marinade, next time I'll try a similar wet rub which I've used before on brisket.

Thanks for looking.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #79
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

The braised peas look wonderful. I've not ever had peas done that way with diced tomatoes and chorizo. I'm going to try it soon, looks simply delicious.
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->