Chicken burgers and dogs for 200 men. How much of each do i need ?

P

Pitts

My boss just asked me if I could help him put together something here at work. The date is August 1st. Cooking for three different shifts. Not all at once. Probably 60 ppl at once each time. At the same time I was texting a friend who asked me to help him with cooking at a rugby tournament August 4th !!!! Same type food. Please help with quantities. There will be 60 rugby players plus visitors. HELP :)

The number 1 rule in in catering or feeding people for that matter is don't run out of food. So it's good that you're expecting 180 ppl but are planning for 200 people. I would guess that a regular guy would eat 2 of the 3 meat choices you mentioned. So to make it simple. 2 portions per person X 200 ppl=400 portions. 400 portion /3 meats=133.33 portions of each meat. You can round up or down as you see fit. That may be alot of food if you have sides. You also have to think will it be a buffet or will you dish out the food. People tend to take more if they are serving themselves. I have found doing catering that people are more than happy to take leftovers if they're avaiable. Hope this helps. Let is know how it goes.

Back