Bone in pork chop pron

BBQinMI

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First up was to prepare the bone-in pork chops, after they marinaded in red wine all day they were dried off and coated with a home made seasoning mix

image.jpg

They were then taking to the grill to be cooked over indirect heat

image.jpg

Next is suppose to be pictures of them being seared over high heat, but the rain kept that picture from happening and also caused me to pull them a little early and not get the sear I wanted. But here they are resting

image.jpg

After resting for a few minutes they went in to the red wine- balsamic sauce

image.jpg

They were then pulled out to rest one more time while everything else was finished up

image.jpg

made for some good eats

DSCF1012.jpg

thanks for looking

Great job. And let me be the first to say "I'd hit that".

Wow... great looking plate of foods. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, that is a nice pork chop

Those look great. My wife enjoys pork chops and I may try something like this for her.

I always sear first and am curious about you going indirect first. Does it give you a different flavor? My guess is that the sear might lock out some of the smioke/charcoal flavor.

Those look great. My wife enjoys pork chops and I may try something like this for her.

I always sear first and am curious about you going indirect first. Does it give you a different flavor? My guess is that the sear might lock out some of the smioke/charcoal flavor.

Mainly for me it was because I was wanting really good grill marks. Which i did not get because it started raining so I never did sear them the way I wanted.

But anyways because it was on the Akorn it is easier to do indirect and then crank the temperature up to sear it at the end of the cook

Great looking plate you did there

Man that is some fancy chops! Coloring looks like beef not pork, I like it.

Back