Trip along I-75

alamar

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I will be making a trip from Detroit to Orlando along the I-75 corridor in late June. Will be stopping in Ooltewah, TN for the night. Looking for places to eat some great BBQ. Thanks in advance.

Good luck in Georgia. There are several OK ones in our area, exits 102 down to exit 22. We ate at Smoking Pig at exit 22 Sunday, wife likes the salad bar so she orders a meal, eats the salad and takes the meal for lunch the next day. We had ribs, they were all over the place, some good, some not so much. Keith-A-Que off exit 82 is the closest to us. Cooking is inconsistent, sides are nothing to write home about, but it's ok and the closest to us. Ponders right off the Interstate at 82, we ate there once. Pit Stop and Hog N Bones in the Tifton area are pretty good, not great. Smoakies? at exit 102 I think, we have never eaten at but have co workers that say it's good.

If you want to make a detour in Macon and head down I-16 to Dublin GA. Holy Smokes BBQ makes some great que.

My guess would be South Georgia. If you get to Florida, your best chance is smoked scallops or barbecued flounder.

I live in Ooltewah. You must have somebody else here in town to visit to be that specific on location. I have not found great BBQ here in Chattanooga (other than my house-LOL). Sugars is OK, but not the same caliber as others elsewhere. Maybe your friend can help us both.

Back