MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #91
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
, boots ($10-orginial (souvenir boot),]
well since they are souvenir boots may have to rethink my position<LOL>
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE

Last edited by 2Fat; 04-23-2010 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: misquote
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #92
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

What I don't understand is, 1. It's BBQ. and 2. It's Wisconsin! Why wouldn't they think that alcohol would be involved?

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #93
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

OK I am moving forward here . We will host the 9:22 ceremony might be a little crowded inside the tents but we will try GJ and choco milk for the sissys like me who dont drink. I will be off the grid till tomorrow nite.I am off to pit bitch for Buzz at Pits and Spits in appleton where he is hosting a BBQ class.
By the way if some one wants to preach for the ceremony let me know.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #94
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just got an interesting phone call from the orginizer this morning basically asking what the hub-bub was.

I explained the best I could that 99.99% of the competitors are just straight shooters and would have liked this information before the entries were sent in.

She did say that her hands were tied when it came to bringing in booze for consumption. She is trying to get a temp license to sell by the case/6 pack at cost.

To be honest, I have to give her credit. She is trying to be as accomidating as she can under the rules that she has been given and seems willing to work with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
OK I am moving forward here . We will host the 9:22 ceremony might be a little crowded inside the tents but we will try GJ and choco milk for the sissys like me who dont drink. I will be off the grid till tomorrow nite.I am off to pit bitch for Buzz at Pits and Spits in appleton where he is hosting a BBQ class.
By the way if some one wants to preach for the ceremony let me know.
As of right now, ChambersUAC is going to be there... Maybe he can come up with something...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #95
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Yeah Dive, I agree with ya there. Though I'm not thrilled about some small details regarding this contest, I do believe that the miscommunications were an honest mistake. My impression of Tanya, is actually very good overall. She always replies promptly, and she is trying to work with us where she can. I’m sure they’ll have some other Snafu’s along the way, but if this is all it is, I’ll be all right with it. I mean lets be real, who’s not gonna have a bottle of something hidden in a plastic bottle somewhere. I don’t regret signing up for this one, because I believe this has the potential to be one of the biggest contests in Wisconsin. If it does go well, there’s a lot of money in the Dells that could really grow this contest.

Pete G.

Ironside Smokers
BBQ team
Insulated vertical smoker
34" x 72" Custom Build "Slag"
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #96
Smokin' Joe
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteg View Post
Yeah Dive, I agree with ya there. Though I'm not thrilled about some small details regarding this contest, I do believe that the miscommunications were an honest mistake. My impression of Tanya, is actually very good overall. She always replies promptly, and she is trying to work with us where she can. I’m sure they’ll have some other Snafu’s along the way, but if this is all it is, I’ll be all right with it. I mean lets be real, who’s not gonna have a bottle of something hidden in a plastic bottle somewhere. I don’t regret signing up for this one, because I believe this has the potential to be one of the biggest contests in Wisconsin. If it does go well, there’s a lot of money in the Dells that could really grow this contest.

Pete G.
Very well said Pete! I totally agree. Thanks for speaking with her Dive, I think it will all be fine in the end...its just 7UP in my red cup

Memphis Pro
Backwoods Fatboy
Backwoods Party
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #97
Divemaster

Well, I just got another email from Tanya...

Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well!

I know there have been a lot of questions about the beer carry in restrictions. We have gotten it approved that we can sell convenience packs (cases) of beer to the competition teams. We will ask that you still do use discretion with the beer and of course the KCBS rules regarding serving of the public (not allowed) will still apply. The beer cans will be allowed in the competition area only and will not be allowed in the activity portion/band area/main tent/etc. of the festival. We will not be selling cans of beer to any of the public attendees.

To purchase the beer, please ask when you arrive and check in, if you would like it right away. Otherwise, you can ask at the concessions stand and it will be delivered to your site. Beer can only be purchased (as a convenience pack) between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. So please make all of these purchases prior to 9:00 pm. After 9:00 pm, we will still be able to sell beer at our concessions area in a per glass/per boot/per pitcher basis. We can only accept cash, but there is an ATM on the festival grounds.

We will be selling cases (24 cans) of:

Budweiser
Bud Light
Bud Light Lime
Busch Light

The cost will be $18.00 per case.

Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions about this or anything else. I am happy to help!

Thanks,
Tanya

Again, I feel a need to applaud her in her attempts to accommodate us. If you need to contact her, the email address is [email protected].

Now if they could just add Shiner to the list of beers... LOL

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #98
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I suppose they are trying to accommodate us, but $18 for a case of Bud products? Ouch! I guess that's better than $3 a beer...

Just to give us something else to talk about...

I went to their site to see what else is going that weekend and I noticed that they have a band playing until 1AM on Saturday morning! I sure hope we're not close to the stage! I need my pellet sleep!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #99
Harmony BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Finally, something I know a little about......$18 is the going rate in southern WI for 24 packs of Bud products, might be a little steep for Busch Light.
Harmony BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #100
Divemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony BBQ View Post
Finally, something I know a little about......$18 is the going rate in southern WI for 24 packs of Bud products, might be a little steep for Busch Light.
So, does that mean that you're going to stop by????

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #101
One Arm Bandit
Got Wood.

I think Tanya has found a good solution. $18 bucks is a reasonable price.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #102
Harmony BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
So, does that mean that you're going to stop by????
Sorry Dive, can't make it to this one. May is some of the best walleye fishing of the year in WI and I'll be up north doing what I can to catch a few. Definitely will miss seeing everyone.
Mike
Harmony BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #103
Divemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony BBQ View Post
Sorry Dive, can't make it to this one. May is some of the best walleye fishing of the year in WI and I'll be up north doing what I can to catch a few. Definitely will miss seeing everyone.
Mike

Well, there is always Poorque - Princeton WI

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #104
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

We thought about doing this contest until we realized it was the same weekend as the GAB. GAB is only 5 mins from our house and it is our first year being able to cook the Invt. But we thought it would've been great for the girls with all the activities up there. Maybe next year.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #105
Divemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smknwhlswife View Post
We thought about doing this contest until we realized it was the same weekend as the GAB. GAB is only 5 mins from our house and it is our first year being able to cook the Invt. But we thought it would've been great for the girls with all the activities up there. Maybe next year.
Dang Kim! I would have been GREAT to see you guys!!!