Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Started by making some mayo.
QbEBx55.jpg

fknnR1G.jpg

Then turned into a white sauce.
yxMDfgd.jpg

Seasoned some wings with Slap Ya Mama hot seasoning.
Pny5ob2.jpg

Marinated the wings in some white sauce for a couple of hours.
F4TJVIl.jpg

Then I made some Pork Rind crumbs.
rPlQznx.jpg

vxRA5iZ.jpg

Breaded the wings.
Vu8GnhV.jpg

ntWsMC1.jpg

Put them in the fridge to let the crust set, while seasoned up some thighs with Little Louie's and Slap Ya Mama.
lTFvfsf.jpg

Fired up the vortex, and added a chunk of cherry, and small piece of mesquite. First time I found myself wanting a 26er, just couldn't get it all to fit.
rt6ujXe.jpg

Everything done.
wuaZBM6.jpg

I think the skin on the thighs, is crispy enough.
EwtSh14.jpg

Plated with some white sauce, and some Slap Ya Mama Hot sacue.
DAarrTC.jpg

Exk1iXL.jpg

I am a double dipper.
3YIXX4A.jpg

These were fantastic. Second time I have used pork rinds as breading, and I think I like it better than flour based dredge.
Thighs were good too.
fX5HAEH.jpg

I know this is a long one, so if you got this far, Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed.

Looks delicious Josh! I ran across some pork rind panko the other day. Wish I would have picked it up. Looks great!

Some Tastee lookin vittles,my friend! :clap2:

Thanks, It's always good, when things come out as planned.:-D

Looks delicious Josh! I ran across some pork rind panko the other day. Wish I would have picked it up. Looks great!

Thanks, I really like it as a breading. The Vitamix can turn a bag of pork rinds into crumbs in about 30 seconds.

Hell yes Josh! The thread started right with the home made mayo and finished with a bang. Love your style brother. Absolutely killer! :hungry:

This is what the brethren and Cowgirl is all about brother. :thumb:

Agreed, that's why I hang around here so much. Never been a forum guy, but there is so much info and ideas floating around here, that this place is truly one of a kind. Shout out to the mods, for keeping this place civil, and useful.

I have to try that,sounds and looks delicious.:thumb:
Mayo is covered
maybe an Asian supermarket would have the pork rind, Hmmmm

I have to try that,sounds and looks delicious.:thumb:
Mayo is covered
maybe an Asian supermarket would have the pork rind, Hmmmm

You guys don't have pork rinds down under? That's a crime. You can buy them from Amazon. A little pricey, but if you've never had a pork rind, they would be worth it.

Now that is true dedication to the cooking arts. Outstanding cook! Very Keto friendly too to boot.

Now that is true dedication to the cooking arts. Outstanding cook! Very Keto friendly too to boot.

Yes sir. I had never made a white sauce before, but it is a good way to add some serious flavor, without carbs.

Ooohhhhh, Maannnnn, how in the hell did you think of using pork rinds as breading? That is un-f*#¥ing-believable!! Amazingly creative, and I’ll bet its great as well as low-carb.

Would you mind sharing your recipes for the mayo and the white sauce? I desperately need both.

Thanks, mate, and well done for advancing the cause of wings!!

That is a brilliant cook. The food looks so good. I love how you double dunked that wing in the white and hot sauce. !!!!

Back