Added the Weber Ranch Kettle to the stable

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I still can’t believe the kettle laid unclaimed for weeks in the buy/sell section from brethren Demosthenes9. So I bit. I said I’ll buy it if it was still available mid Feb and it was! Just a 7 hour drive north of Atlanta. Road trip, anyone?

I changed positions at my job so I’m moving back to a 9-5, M-F schedule, which I loathe. Last weekend was my last one that included weekdays so I took the opportunity to grab the kettle. Wife wanted to come along so we dragged the kids along too. Left Atlanta at 11pm on Wednesday night and arrived in Louisville around 7am. Had a pit stop for a chicken and cheese crispito somewhere near Manchester, TN. At 3 am, it was damn good.

Wife said I was crazy to spend this amount of money on a grill. But she thinks I can get the same kind at Walmart. So I said fine, buy your purses at Walmart too. I haven’t heard anything since.

Just got the vortex in today. The medium barely cleared the grates.

0b47fb606662148e57b652e674577252.jpg

72304947a413bc3237217a9b6551053c.jpg

93bd0a8e9dd68a3b87d3e58b2652c729.jpg

Awesome!!! Very much look forward to seeing you fire that bad boy up and see her in action. Wanna hear whatcha think!

She could buy a lot of purses at walmart with that kind of money!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That thing is huge! How do you plan to use it? Do you regularly entertain and cook for large parties? Seems like overkill for small family cooking.

That thing is huge! How do you plan to use it? Do you regularly entertain and cook for large parties? Seems like overkill for small family cooking.
I agree... says the guy with a shirley trailer that he uses to cook 2 racks of ribs or 1 brisket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That particular unit gets seen in background shots quite often. Don’t guess I’ve ever seen one in action. Looking forward to some cooks.

Unfortunately for me, the nexus of one being available nearby and having properly funded fun money has yet to intersect :becky:

Last edited:
I'm in the same city and I eyeballed it a few times but it came down to not having room for it. Nice score. Looking forward to seeing your cooks on that beast.

Welcome to the club!

I don't use mine very much and have never "needed" it, but looking at it makes me smile, every time. It's just sooo freaking cool.

Last edited:
Congratulations! A RK is on my short list of wants.

Back