• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Got my new rig!!!!

28rz8l3.jpg

34si7nq.jpg

SPECS:
24”x50” modified trailer build
Cabinet Doors
Straight back model
Latch added to chamber door
Extra grate in main chamber
Extra set of slides dividing chamber in half
Extra grate in warmer
Both dampers
Elevated charcoal grate in warmer
Sausage hangers in warmer
Ash pan in FB
Baffle block plate
Removable tongue
SS shelf in front of chamber
Backsplash added to SS shelf
SS shelf extended thru warmer
SS folding shelf w/ p-towel holder
Wood basket on backside of chamber
Folding single burner
2 umbrella holders
3 probes
Mounted spare-
Mount Logo on backside of chamber
Locking tabs on all doors
Ash rake for FB and under baffle plate

Oh my that's an awesome build. I'm on the list and I keep going back and forth on options. My current debate is whether or not I want a trailer. Doubt I'd ever use the trailer, and could always borrow a flat bed trailer from work and strap it down if needed.

Your options list looks awesome! We need more pron!

Man I'm jealous and i own a shirley!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh my that's an awesome build. I'm on the list and I keep going back and forth on options. My current debate is whether or not I want a trailer. Doubt I'd ever use the trailer, and could always borrow a flat bed trailer from work and strap it down if needed.

Your options list looks awesome! We need more pron!

Family reunions, retirement parties, fundraisers,...that trailer will give you some options a patio model won't.

I think it's called the *modified?* trailer? Other Shirley Fab owners that have them can chime in but with that compact narrow trailer and a removable tongue the footprint will be nearly the same.

Even for just getting it across the grass in the yard it's far easier to roll and with one of these ATV/Lawn Tractor dolly's you can move it all around by yourself with ease when it comes off concrete or asphalt in areas you might not want to drive the truck.

3XpP2MDl.jpg

Maybe a dumb question, but does the cabinet style square cook chamber have issues with condensation buildup and subsequent dripping of soot onto the meat? A traditional pipe style cook chamber would allow moisture to run down the sides I imagine.

Maybe a dumb question, but does the cabinet style square cook chamber have issues with condensation buildup and subsequent dripping of soot onto the meat? A traditional pipe style cook chamber would allow moisture to run down the sides I imagine.
I have not had that issue yet. I have a lot of cookers with flat tops and none of them have that issue. I also never use water in any cooker.

There's a little condensation at the door seams on start up same as any cylinder design, aside from that once it's past the 200* point it all gasses off not to be seen again.

After a few weeks of running a 70" elevated cabinet I am seeing less built up and cleaning needs versus my big Langs, I attribute it to better airflow and less margin of high and low temps with the insulated firebox.

Maybe someday I'll own one but for now, I just don't have the time to justify one of these awesome Smokers.

Maybe someday I'll own one but for now, I just don't have the time to justify one of these awesome Smokers.
Too bad you don't have any other decent cookers. :heh: good to see you posting again.

Too bad you don't have any other decent cookers. :heh: good to see you posting again.

LOL Well, you are correct. I don't use the ones I have near enough.. I promise though, in 10 years when I can retire, I'll use them REALLY often..lol

Shirley 24x36 24 x 36 prototype. Thanks for all the helpful posts here and on the bbq-brethren.

Dimensions - Height 70", Length from firebox to handle 63" (Firebox handle +7", wraparound shelf +10.5), Width 42" tire to tire, Inside Firebox Height 20", Width 20", Depth 19". Upper Grate 17"x 27", Middle and Lower Grate 21"x 27".

Distance between grates - Door Lip to Upper 4", Roof to Upper 5", Upper to Middle 5", Middle to Lower 6"

eiYS93ll.jpg

SAzXa4Sl.jpg

lre03BSl.jpg

3KNjFLGl.jpg

53Z3MORl.jpg

gaq0VB8l.jpg

BsbR6iel.jpg

AgtncPRl.jpg

aYAQamxl.jpg

kRPpYm8l.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/biWiNGE

Last edited: