For the PBC recorded history. Checkout the 3.5 hour run on the PBC measured by my new Fireboard. BBQ Pulled Chuck.

B4Pu1ySl.jpg

eVZExxnl.jpg

Seen on another PBC forum that they are using the mesh vent from the BGE putting it on the PBC. I myself don’t see the point, the PBC works just fine the way it was designed, but I guess everything is up for modification.

Attachments

• 610jyt07hWL._SX466_.jpg
    610jyt07hWL._SX466_.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 136
Ribs falling in coals

Any suggestions to keep my ribs out of the coals. I really like fall off the bone ribs. I know some say that’s over cooked but I prefer them like that. Sadly they hit the coals often this way. Anyway I can prevent this ? I can’t use the grate because I usually cook 3 slabs at a time and theirs not enough room on grate

If I understand your post you’re wanting to cook them to fall off the bone tender, correct?

At the beginning or halfway point-Cut 4 racks in half use all 8 hooks then have grate installed like a safety net

If not correct, disregard

If I understand your post you’re wanting to cook them to fall off the bone tender, correct?

Cut 4 racks in half use all 8 hooks then have grate installed like a safety net

If not correct, disregard

Are you recommending I rest the grate on the coal basket ?

Sorry if my post is confusing . Hits the coals as In falls off the hooks because they get so tender

Yeah I think cutting the ribs in half will reduce the weight enough that they shouldn't fall off the hooks but still be fall off the bone. Give it a try and let us know how it worked

No, place grate in normal position, cut in half beginning middle or end of cook just use grate as safety net. You can also roll and tie ribs and cook on grate you can pre cut and cook on grate. But if you want to hang, somewhere around three hours get the ribs on or above the installed grate. Look at some of the millions of Rib photos on the internet. They are positioned every way imaginable during a cook.

I’m trespassing, I best take my leave.

You could always put a brick on the rack and throw another 18 inch grate on top of the bricks. Give you almost twice the space. Might have to lose the rebar though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions to keep my ribs out of the coals. I really like fall off the bone ribs. I know some say that’s over cooked but I prefer them like that. Sadly they hit the coals often this way. Anyway I can prevent this ? I can’t use the grate because I usually cook 3 slabs at a time and theirs not enough room on grate

Once they are nice with the color you like just put them on the grate, two with 1 on top.

This is kind of a double post (made my own thread, but people here might be more helpful since I'm cooking on a PBC).

I've got a 10# Bone-in Pork Butt, and I split a Whole Brisket into 9# Flat and 4# Point. If you had these three meats and wanted everything done and resting by 9am, how would you put them into the cooker? I'm hoping to be able to estimate the time.

This is kind of a double post (made my own thread, but people here might be more helpful since I'm cooking on a PBC).

I've got a 10# Bone-in Pork Butt, and I split a Whole Brisket into 9# Flat and 4# Point. If you had these three meats and wanted everything done and resting by 9am, how would you put them into the cooker? I'm hoping to be able to estimate the time.

Point and flat are separated?

Do you usually wrap? If so I would do this:
Hang them all for 3 hours. Wrap and put the butt in the oven. Put the wrapped flat on the grate with fat down and put the wrapped point on top of it (unless it they will fit side by side). I would check everything after 3 hours. I would estimate a total cook time of 7-8 hours for the butt (if your oven is on 300), 6-7 hours for the point and flat maybe more depending on how hot your PBC is running.

If you don't plan on wrapping I would use the hinged grate (brisket hanging) start the butt a little earlier so you could pull it off if you decided you need to lay the flat flat.

Back