Concession Plan in motion

Not required here but seemed like a no brainer at this point but it is kind of pricey. I am somewhat pioneering this in the area so going all out to make the HD and fire marshal happy. I have also heard more an more events are requiring and didnt want that to get in the way. One event that requires it I can make back the cost versus not being able to attend.
Jeff

Servesafe isn't required either but doing that as well.

Do you need fire suppression in Iowa?
without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..

Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?

without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..

I install fire sprinkler in buildings so I am always looking at trailers when we vend or go to an event where vendors are and I have never seen a trailer with fire protection in the hood yet, so it is not so common here.

Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?
new york state the land of taxes and permits..the contracts this year have been asking for a certificate of 1 to 1.5 mil...EXCEPT the app I sent into for an event in a NY State park, they wanted 2 mil and for them to be listed as event holder and to be released of liability...but the cost for the extra coverage is not that bad...

I will go with at least 1M and see what the diff is to go higher.

Received my first go at the CAD drawings from the manufacturer today. The drawings look good a few small items that we are discussing. Sent to the HD and hope to get there comments early next week. I will toss up some pics so you can take a look!

Wanted to share the first round of drawings, there are changes in the works already

Side elevations
Side.jpg

Front back
backfront.jpg

Floor plan
Image4.jpg

As always comments welcome
Jeff

looking good, make up a a 2 pc counter top that goes on top of your sinks, as counter top space WILL be a preminium and you dont always need sink area..also preview of meat holding area for serving..
also be sure to get the HEAVIEST axles available..

..also preview of meat holding area for serving..

not sure I understand this?

But as far as the sink cover I have the factory doing a one piece....Doa! Two piece makes so much more sense! Added to the list! As far as the axles, not sure they are the biggest but we have 2 7500 dexter axles going in should cover it, if not I have bigger issues :)

Just a quick update and reaching out for advise on vehicle wraps. My trailer will be here the first week of April. I am talking with vehicle wrap folks which I have no experience with. What should I ask these guys? I am betting not all wrap is the same!!!!

I haven't posted here in a little while so here are the latest pics! Trailer will be here next week

260004640x480.jpg

260005480x640.jpg

260006480x640.jpg

260007640x480.jpg

Cheers

Thanks Jason! The planning upfront work has been daunting, still have just a couple of loose ends to tie up, but man I am ready to get going!

My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!

Man, you don't play! Nice, nice NICE trailer! The best of luck to you on your new venture! :thumb:

beautiful trailer Jeff, best of luck with the plans. you're living my dream. i've got some saving and planning to do - still a few years away (10 anyway till retirement) and that's what i'd like to do at that point. i'll be following your post. good luck....Al

My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!
Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.:sad:

Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.:sad:

I hear yea, I talked to the DOT already and that is not exactly what they told me. the 2 big numbers I was told is 1) truck GVWR over 10001Lbs requires DOT. This of course includes tongue wt which I wll be fine. Second is GCWR over 26K. I know each state is different and at least this summer I am staying close to home :)

Back