• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wood Fired Oven has been de-virginized.. Pizza, Lamb Chops & Steaks

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For Fathers day i have my parents and my in-laws over to have our 1st Pizza Party after we built the oven. It was a very successful day. Ill let the photos do the talking.

30bikc9.jpg

5u0fwn.jpg

33otco2.jpg

Australian Lamb chops before the pizza.

2quohl2.jpg

MOTHEREFFER!!! I need one of these. Just splurged on an FEC120, I think next has to be a pizza oven. I am a total pizza snob.

I those are "bad iPhone pics" then I'm afraid to see some with a high $ camera! Simply great,:clap:

I just can't say enough about what a beautiful build that is, absolutely incredible! Nice cook to getter rollin' too......some fine looking pies!

Congrats on the maiden voyage. Keep it coming,

KC

Congrats V! Looks great. :-D
Just be careful, since building mine my physical activity level is no longer keeping up with my consumption! :shocked:

I have found that keeping a good coal base around the perimeter produces more consistent heating, even if it is a small bed. If there will be some time between pizza cooking shifts, it is very easy to pull the coals on to the deck for a quick warm up too.

I have been on the fence about breaking tradition and getting a weed burner for start up. I tried out a buddies yesterday, it took at least 40 min off my pre-heat time!!

IMG_20130616_141500_138_zpsa6f3a5fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Again, Looks great, keep the PRoN coming, and congrats! :clap2:

Congrats V! Looks great. :-D
Just be careful, since building mine my physical activity level is no longer keeping up with my consumption! :shocked:

I have found that keeping a good coal base around the perimeter produces more consistent heating, even if it is a small bed. If there will be some time between pizza cooking shifts, it is very easy to pull the coals on to the deck for a quick warm up too.

I have been on the fence about breaking tradition and getting a weed burner for start up. I tried out a buddies yesterday, it took at least 40 min off my pre-heat time!!

IMG_20130616_141500_138_zpsa6f3a5fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Again, Looks great, keep the PRoN coming, and congrats! :clap2:

Thanks man. I honestly didnt stop for 5 minutes. I was a machine. Started the fire at 10am had the dome clear at 1230. Cooked lamb, then beef then pizza. I finally moved away from the oven at 4. So i never spread the coals over the floor to recharge. Pies were just flying in the oven. Lol. Next time i will take ten minutes to recharge. I started the oven with my weed burner, its easier and faster.

Back