• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Meat Loaf

OSD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Since I had to be home today I decided to smoke a couple meat loafs. One for dinner and leftover sandwiches and one for the freezer.:-D

100_0945Small.jpg

Mixed 2 1/2 pounds ground beef and 1 pound of pork sausage, added in some spices and some BBQ rub.

100_0947Small.jpg

All mixed and divided in half. Then rolled out flat on some foil

100_0953Small.jpg

Next a layer of shredded cheddar jack cheese, then a layer of paper thin cut smoked ham

100_0959Small.jpg

Then a layer of sliced marinated mushrooms ( don't look DATs ), and then another layer of cheese

100_0964Small.jpg

Now we roll them up and shape the loaf, place on a piece of parchment paper, and cover the top with bacon strips.

100_0971Small.jpg

Almost ready for the smoker. Just before going into the smoker I'll dust them with a little more rub.

100_0982Small.jpg

Out of the smoker after 4 hours @ 225* in pecan and apple smoke

100_0991Small.jpg

Sliced and ready

100_0992Small.jpg

I wasn't real hungry so I just had some with some slices of fresh tomato.:biggrin:

That bacon looks fried. I just added that to the list of things to try.

Nice, I love smoked meatloaf...just cant beat it. I was in debate this weekend for a meatloaf or beef ribs. The ribs won, got two nice racks on sale, but next weekend meatloaf it is.

Looks Very good!!

What kind of wire racks are those?....I'd like to get a couple. They look very handy moving the food to and from the cooker.

Looks Very good!!

What kind of wire racks are those?....I'd like to get a couple. They look very handy moving the food to and from the cooker.

I saw your pans as well. I have a couple of those from Wally. It comes w/ 2 pans and one wire rack. You can use whatevr size pan u want, one fits in the other. I sometimes cook butts on mine.

I saw your pans as well. I have a couple of those from Wally. It comes w/ 2 pans and one wire rack. You can use whatevr size pan u want, one fits in the other. I sometimes cook butts on mine.

Yep, Wally specials.:-D Bought 6 sets one time when they were on sale. I figured they wouldn't last long using them in the smoker, but for the price I didn't care. I've been surprised that they have lasted for over 2 years and still clean up great.:biggrin:

Yep, Wally specials.:-D Bought 6 sets one time when they were on sale. I figured they wouldn't last long using them in the smoker, but for the price I didn't care. I've been surprised that they have lasted for over 2 years and still clean up great.:biggrin:

Mine are the same age...one of my better purchases.

Ok, I guess I'm gonna have to try that one too now. Looks awsome!

I've fried the bacon, and rolled it up with cheese. That looks great, and it saves a step. Brian

The whole loaf just out of the smoker looks really good.

The bacon "X" must mark the spot!

That looks incredible, and with all those flavors going man. I gotta try one now thanks for sharing.

Spectacular !

Well done OSD

in one fell swoop , you take an ordinary meatloaf, food that many would would just be oh hum about ...

Transform it into a Sparking bacon wrapped, golden nugget of goodness

It makes my mouth SCREAM, I want to eat that!

Great detailed construction pron and the final plating looks inviting.

Back